INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: version 80396  (Read 1020 times)

johnmac

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
version 80396
« on: March 14, 2003, 04:55:07 am »

I was having problems ripping cd's on the old version so I downloaded the new version and now I can rip cd's such as Coldplay but without cd details. When I try to rip less well-known cd's I get an error message and media jukebox closes down. This is getting very irritating!
Any ideas anyone?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: version 80396
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 05:10:16 am »

You mean that when the CD is inserted, MJ does a YADB search (CDDB not supported anymore), can't find the CD...then crashes? I've seen this b4, but not recently. You may have some baggage left over from earlier installs...in which case I would back up your license/library and uninstall/reinstall MJ. But yes...this is a intermittant bug that has existed for a while (in regard to v8 builds).

10-27

johnmac

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 05:21:09 am »

Thanks for that but I have never backed up my library so don't know how to do it(I don't have a tape drive). Is there a way to back up to cd?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 05:30:00 am »

In v8 see MJ>File>Library>Library Manager.

You can point the backup directly to the RW drive if you have DirectCD, InCD, or Stomp DLA installed, and the RW disk has been formatted (UDF) via the mentioned programs. Otherwise you would need to backup the library to a known location, then do a data CD burn and include the file. I'd just put the backup in some safe location on your HD.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up