INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA and DSP  (Read 2812 times)

matty

• Recent member
DLNA and DSP
« on: October 05, 2012, 10:02:19 am »

I would like to use some DSP features (primarily equaliser or room correction) when streaming but MC tells me current playback doesn't support processing. What am I misunderstanding or not doing?
thanks
Matt

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DNLA and DSP
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:44:31 am »

There are only a couple of DSP settings you can use with DLNA - see this post from Bob:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72639.msg492145#msg492145

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

matty

• Recent member
Re: DNLA and DSP
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 03:27:11 am »

Thanks Nick, hope its implemented soon.
Matt

MarcoNap

Re: DLNA and DSP
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:44:30 am »

I am Working with MC18 MediaServer as well.
Before I used laptop with Audio OUT with Mini Jack to Apmilfier...yes not the best way to go.

As of last week Streaming direct from NAS to Primare NP30 Network Player,  which feeds my Primare I30 Amplifier.
http://www.primare.net/product.asp?ProductID=58

I too Would very much like to be able  to stream thru network from PC,
using JRiver with the DSP Studio Analyzer.
Using the JRemote (very Nice remote)  to control the Volume and selecting the albums from the IPod/IPad

I understand that the REAL Audiophiles amongst us do prefer straight forward streaming only!!,
and prefer not to use anything that interferes with the digital output data.

Anyway... I too would very much see the possibility to use the Equilizer in JRiver, for a little fine tuning of the Original Music.

Hope in the near future that this would become possible
Or is this technically NOT possible??

Thank and Kind regards,
Marco

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 07:15:04 am »

When you're using DLNA, the files are requested by the Renderer and sent as is (no modification).  This is the way DLNA works.

MC's Library Server method of sharing files is more powerful, but it requires a computer on each side.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 12:42:50 am »

How can we use Library Server clients as actual clients. Currently, we cannot connect to the the Server and play music to that zone/client.

I swear we used to see client/server zones on each machine; now we just see server zones on the client (when enabled).

Is that correct? If so, it would be more intuitive imo - given Gizmo and JRemote - to have clients be fully controlled by the server. Or at least have that option.

Can you confirm the server won't see the various clients' zones?

thanks

csimon

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 06:52:00 am »

How can we use Library Server clients as actual clients. Currently, we cannot connect to the the Server and play music to that zone/client.

I swear we used to see client/server zones on each machine; now we just see server zones on the client (when enabled).

I think you're right - just tried it myself.  Two MC PCs, on one I can see the other's zones, even when not connected to its library, but not the other way around.  Without connecting one to the other's library, surely they're peers and both should be behaving the same way. This was my configuration,on the PC's that I intend to be the client and the server.

Server: Media Network enabled, DLNA Renderer enabled
Client: Media Network enabled, show server zones on client enabled

Actually loading the server's library on the client doesn't make a difference.

I've tried disabling DLNA Renderer on the Server and Show Server zones on the Client, but still no difference, I would have expected the server's zones displayed on the client to disappear, but they're still there and I can use them.

Then again, I've never fully understood how this client/server thing works...

csimon

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 06:56:51 am »

PS The zones did indeed disappear after I reloaded the client's local library. I suspect the server's zones were showing up because the server was a DLNA renderer.

With that in mind, I enabled DLNA Renderer on the client and I can now see the client's zones on the server.

But I can't work out how to display the client's zones on the server without DLNA.

MarcoNap

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 06:08:31 am »

Hi Jim

When you're using DLNA, the files are requested by the Renderer and sent as is (no modification).  
This is the way DLNA works.
MC's Library Server method of sharing files is more powerful, but it requires a computer on each side.

If I had only known 2 years ago.....than I would have opted for a StandAlone Primare DAC30 with a Streacom HTPC.

The hard thing for me is to really understand it, but so be it.
USB Out works fine with DSP/equalizer. now streaming with 7m USB Cable.
Can't understand why same cannot be output over LAN to the NP30.

If in the near future it does seem possible, can you keep me posted please.

Thanks,
Marco

Pages: [1]   Go Up