INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Volume Leveling? (MC Client to Server)  (Read 9781 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
No Volume Leveling? (MC Client to Server)
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »

Just noticed that when running a copy of MC 17 running as a "client" using my RME Multiface II in ASIO mode - has no volume leveling active.

When I play a track and check the DSP Studio Settings...I have Volume Leveling active in the left panel and with a track playing - in the dialog under Total Volume Change - it says "off".

What's the deal? All my other clients  seem to work fine - but none actually use an ASIO connection...

Ideas?

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No Volume Leveling? (MC Client to Server)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:44:04 am »

Does the DSP say 'Enabled and processing data' at the top?

If not, make sure you're using the JRiver playback engine (not an external one), looking at the right zone, have the DSP checked, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

Update.

I seemed to have solved this - but there may be something here for Dev to look into.

A week or two ago - I wanted to test a VST plugin within the MC DSP chain (A loudness meter - VisLM by NuGen) and had "added" it into the left panel of DSP Studio. I tried it for about 30 minutes - just to see how it would react etc and then I "disabled" the plug (Unchecked it) but did not remove it from the actual left side of DSP Studio.

Then today after retracing my steps - I did remove the actual plugin from the DSP Studio dialog...but still no Volume Leveling - even tho it was still checked. So - on a lark - I simply unchecked Volume Leveling - and then rechecked it and now Volume Levelling is working again.

Not sure if the add/remove of that plugin had anything to do with this (almost like it temporarily "shut" off Volume Leveling) - but it's all good now.

Matt: Yes - the DSP dialog did in fact say "enabled and processing data". That was the first thing I checked right after I discovered there was no leveling going on - when a track within a new playlist I build last night was pounding relentlessly - causing me to investigate whether any leveling was actually occuring.

Cheers!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up