INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Undoing mistakes  (Read 1473 times)

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
Undoing mistakes
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:56:00 am »

Now that I purchased MC, I started to really use it and now I'm finding perhaps I was too hasty in my choices as far as inclusion. I'm sure I'm not the only one trying to unthink how a file system like Windows Explorer works verses what can best be explained as a database format that MC uses.

The problem. Aside from being a movie and music fan with extensive collections of each, I also am intro video editing, photography and graphic projects. Therefore I have a lot of the higher end applications such as Photoshop, Flash, AfterEffect, Vegas and so on. Such applications often come with extensive sample files. So I thought I was saving time in that I let MC scan my hard drives and find everything and anything in common file types such as jpg, wav, MP3 and so on. Well great for my music and vid library BUT if I try to select file view in MC sadly it is now loaded with "junk" ie all the sample jpg files, sound effects in wav and the like, literally thousands of such files I use, (all nicely in hundreds of seperate files) but don't want in my "main" library but are included because they share a common file type.

The question is, how to undo the easy way if there is one.  >:(

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Undoing mistakes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:02:35 am »

This made me chuckle  ;).

At least you didn't use the move and rename tool to get them all neatly organised on disk  ;D

I don't think there is an undo for import, for many other actions undo can save the day.

I'm afraid you best start over. Clear the library (don't delete files, obviously) and import only the folders you wish to import.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:06:01 am »

You could clear the library and start over if you want to.  It's under File/Library Manager.

Or, you could search for directory names (photoshop, for example), then "soft" delete the files from the database, not the disk.  Select them, press delete, then read very carefully.

In either case, double check your auto-import settings.

BillyBoyBlue

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 01:36:32 pm »

Probably easier to just make a new library and start over I guess. The funny thing is I re-discovered files I long forgot about since I rarely use them. For example sound effects. I must have above 50 wav files of various bell sounds, so I clicked on one to play from MC and of course it then played the next one and next, so kind of funny hearing that.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up