INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client Server Video Problems  (Read 1673 times)

LM1957

Client Server Video Problems
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:54:05 am »

After about 3 sec to 3 min the video on the cilent will slow down, like slow motion. Once I stop the vido and restart, It works fine until a certian time passes. I have tried several different setting, but none seems to help. I have switch the Server and client, and have the same results. I am sure it is something I am not doing correctly.
This happens on HD and SD fromats

Thanks for and advise you can offer.

LM

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Client Server Video Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:58 am »

It could be limited by bandwidth.  

Conversion on the server could also limit it.  Pausing would improve the problem if this is the cause.

LM1957

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 07:26:23 pm »

Thanks Jim,

I checked the cpu usage on the server, when HD videos are played it starts at 91% and shortly to 100% , pending on what is going on with the video. After a short time the program will stop responding. SD videos run 10-25% The CPU is Intel core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.40. The system has 6 meg of memory. Do you think it may be outdated to handle HD/1080p? If so what would recommend?

Thanks for your response.

Louis

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »

It sounds like conversion is taking all the machine can do.  Check your conversion settings.

LM1957

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 05:35:06 am »

I does not matter where the conversion is set too, I have tried several 720p, DVD stream, 480p. has no affect. Is there something I need to change ?. I have switched Server and client and still have the same issue. Which ever computer has the server roll , the CPU registers 100% usage.

The files are stored on a hard drive with in the computer, not external.

Louis

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:57:08 pm »

I does not matter where the conversion is set too, I have tried several 720p, DVD stream, 480p. has no affect. Is there something I need to change ?. I have switched Server and client and still have the same issue. Which ever computer has the server roll , the CPU registers 100% usage.

The files are stored on a hard drive with in the computer, not external.

Louis
I am running MC17 on a similar PC (Quad Q6600) with no problems on video. I don't convert at all.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 10:54:27 pm »

I have the same problem.  where are the conversion settings?  the only thing i have found said 'none'.  if I stream over a mapped network drives i have no issues.  this is not a bandwidth issue.  It may be a cpu issue, but why would it be converting??  I shouldn't need conversion on a gigabit network, jriver to jriver, should I?

LM1957

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 06:46:24 am »

When I switch to "conversion none" I get playback errors, stating blue ray library cannot be used over the network. May be I need to load ver 17.
Pages: [1]   Go Up