INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Install, but Old Custom Fields  (Read 4335 times)

rhowland

• Recent member
New Install, but Old Custom Fields
« on: October 14, 2012, 02:44:51 pm »

Aside from the "****" preferences and some standard fields I also use several custom fields. One field was "Year Charted", 1978, 1999 etc. Another field was "Highest Peak", "C09" for Country #9, or P01, for Pop charts #1. My music is all on an external drive. My PC(laptop) bit the dust, but I've salvaged that laptop drive, which is where MC16 had been installed.  I now have a new laptop. I've reinstall MC16 and am wondering if/how I can restore/add all my mp3s and those custom fields. Is it possible? ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New Install, but Old Custom Fields
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:47:39 pm »

Aside from the "****" preferences and some standard fields I also use several custom fields. One field was "Year Charted", 1978, 1999 etc. Another field was "Highest Peak", "C09" for Country #9, or P01, for Pop charts #1. My music is all on an external drive. My PC(laptop) bit the dust, but I've salvaged that laptop drive, which is where MC16 had been installed.  I now have a new laptop. I've reinstall MC16 and am wondering if/how I can restore/add all my mp3s and those custom fields. Is it possible? ?

Try restoring a backup of your old library.  MC makes them automatically.  File/Library/Restore.

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:34:25 pm »

The restore, by default, seems to have the path C:\User\Randy\Roaming\J River\Media Center16\Library Backups\. On my old C drive, now an external drive I don't see a directory that says "Library Backups" (actually the whole path is quite different). What would be the file-name or extension I should be looking for? If it matters, the data itself is on a true external drive. Media Center was installed on the old C drive, however, not on the external drive.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »

The file name would be like this

"MC Library Backup (perm - 2012-10-08).zip"

where perm is the library name.

If your old laptop was running Win XP, the path name would have been different - probably under documents and settings.

Bill

Pages: [1]   Go Up