INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How well does MC work with Google Play (Google Music)?  (Read 19331 times)

karimo40

How well does MC work with Google Play (Google Music)?
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:32:07 pm »

I'm new to JRiver Media Center ... I'd like to make use of it for playing music in full quality at home, but on the go I really like using Google Play since the tracks are always available in the cloud. Away from home it's easy to play my tracks on my Android phone or through a browser. (I don't want to have leave my PC on as a server in order to use a solution like Gizmo.)

Google Play has a background app that runs on my PC, monitoring whatever directories I specify for changes it can sync to the cloud. So far, so good. It also can recognize and sync WMP or iTunes playlists which is great.

Anyone know if Google Play will recognize my MC playlists and sync any changes I make to them? Any other information anyone can share about how well these two work together?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How well does MC work with Google Play (Google Music)?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 06:50:05 pm »

There was a thread about this in the last week or so.  Someone was using MC's Handheld Sync to sync to a Google drive.

Welcome to the forum.

SimonT

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:20:56 am »

Hi,

Google Play / Music is now being launched in more territories around the world it seems, so will have a significant user base.  Rather than syncing my (20000+) tracks to local storage before being able to play them, I would like to stream my tracks directly from the cloud and play via Media Centre (rather than using the google player standalone).  What are the possibilities for adding this as a service in the future?  Reason being that I would, of course, like to keep Media Centre as my central hub for everything...

Thanks,
Simon T.

Smoofus

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 01:13:49 pm »

What are the possibilities for adding this as a service in the future?  Reason being that I would, of course, like to keep Media Centre as my central hub for everything...

+1

raj

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 12:10:32 am »

What are the possibilities for adding this as a service in the future?  Reason being that I would, of course, like to keep Media Centre as my central hub for everything...

+1

Thanks,
Roger B.

SimonT

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 11:21:20 am »

"Users can now head to the "add a music service" section of the Sonos interface and select Google Play Music. You'll then be prompted to log in with your Google account.
Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/audio/3511321/sonos-adds-google-play-music-streaming-service/#ixzz2yauww0WX
"

Any chance for something similar?

Blairis

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 04:27:35 pm »

+1 for this.  Hopefully there's an API.  I've used JRiver for over 10 years but realized today that I haven't used it in months since Google Play All Access was released in Canada.

Would love JRiver's high quality playback and fine control but using my library stored on Google Music.

Three Thirds

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 07:34:46 am »

I really hope this is still an option. JRiver doesn't sync to my iPod any more, and I'm using Google Music to listen to music on my pc/phone, but MC still has the best sound output around. Combining MC + Google Music somehow would be such utter bliss.

Motive

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:23 am »

+1 I also very need to support Google Music in the program JR. Right now there no any alternative for quality desktop player for Google music service (also Spotify and Deezer).
Please make support this streaming services. For me it makes no sense and useless, your new functions for TV, and etc. The future for streaming via internet, need support new trends.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 09:11:19 am »

I'd also love Google Music playlist syncing. There's an unofficial API
https://github.com/simon-weber/gmusicapi

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 06:28:47 pm »

Can't you just launch Google play in JRiver using a link??  I can launch youtube in JRiver.. (I believe JRiver still processes the signal) 

I'm trying to add googleplay as a link now... I have mc19 and I doing soemthing wrong....I wonder if mc 19 doesn't like the https:// ....
Any help is appreciated

mkyle

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 03:04:25 pm »

+1 for this also. 

I have relied on MC for very many years but need to go where my music files are, and that is the cloud.

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 10:28:38 am »

There is a desktop player out there for google play music, as well as a mini player.  maybe one of those would be a good alternative. 

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 05:11:30 pm »

So there are rumblings of google play music shutting down... seems to be not an "if" but a "when"...

https://www.androidcentral.com/google-play-music

I've invested a lot of time in trying to get my Google Play account to work the way I wanted it to.  Shoot.  It seems that every few years there's something that makes me happy that I've continued to maintain my own music collection.  Keeping ownership of your own music - and using something like MC - is still the way to go I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up