INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Rules In Theater View [SOLVED]  (Read 1270 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Display Rules In Theater View [SOLVED]
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:27:30 am »

Hi, I would like some advice please about setting up display rules for the Theater View mode.

As it stands at the moment I have my movies in various folders on my server. The folder structure is common across the different hard disks. There are different folders for different types of movies.

e.g.

\Movies\General
\Movies\Grown Ups
\Movies\HD Movies
\Movies\Stand Up Comedy

I have then set up menu's in Theter View for the different categories each with a display rule based on the file path name.
For instance the display rule for the General category is:

This way it will display the movies stored on any disk because the folder structure is identical.

However, my problem is how to modify the display rule to show items from two different folders. What I would really like to have is...

Code: [Select]
Filename (path) --> Contains --> [General] OR [HD Movies]
I've been through the wiki and read up on smartlists etc but, as far as I can tell, that doesn't seem to apply to Theater View menus.

So if anyone has any advice or guidance I would be gratefull.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Display Rules In Theater View
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:09:29 am »

I think you can still click to the left or the right of a rule to bring up the brackets which can group a condition as an OR or AND.

So in your dialog box, add another rule filename(path) contains HD Movies, and then click in the blank space immediately to the left of the word Filename(path) for the first rule (a help popup will show also).  Then click on the right of HD Movies (i.e. the second rule).  I think this does an OR around these two rules.

Sorry if I am missing something, but that seems to work on mine. (sorry I can't do screenshots)

Craig 

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Display Rules In Theater View
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:27:12 am »

I think you can still click to the left or the right of a rule to bring up the brackets which can group a condition as an OR or AND.

So in your dialog box, add another rule filename(path) contains HD Movies, and then click in the blank space immediately to the left of the word Filename(path) for the first rule (a help popup will show also).  Then click on the right of HD Movies (i.e. the second rule).  I think this does an OR around these two rules.

Sorry if I am missing something, but that seems to work on mine. (sorry I can't do screenshots)

Craig 
WOW, thanks so much for that, it was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't find any reference to this functionality anywhere.

Anyway, just in case anyone else is interested in this here is a screenshot to make it a bit clearer:

The curved brackets to the left of the third line and the right of the fourth line group those two lines together with an 'OR' function. If you click again on the brackets they will change to square brackets which denotes the 'AND' function.

You can also have a double curved or square brackets or even one of each but I havn't yet figured out what these functions do.

Thanks again for helping out, MC is just getting better by the day as I find more functionality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up