INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License expired -MC 18.  (Read 2023 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
License expired -MC 18.
« on: October 22, 2012, 10:42:21 am »

I am not able to get MC 18 to load. I received "license expired".
I have tried both restore from mjr and internet.
I compared the license info with what was sent from the internet. It is the same.
I used copy and paste function, still same issue.
I noticed the copy and paste omits the last  digit, then I type in all digits and characters.. I get "could not find License".
Luckily, I still  have MC 17 on this PC, so I am using MC 17 now to interact with the forum.
Please  help.

Thanks.
Ekpen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License expired -MC 18.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:02 am »

Check your system date.  This topic on the wiki may also help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

I used copy and paste function, still same issue.
I noticed the copy and paste omits the last  digit, then I type in all digits and characters.
Copy and paste doesn't paste the entire license?  That's very odd.  Are you using the Restore Page, when you paste?  Try pasting it into an e-mail program or notepad, just to test.  Try another browser.

Ekpen

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:58:55 am »

I read from the forum, someone has similar issue, you suggested checking the system date. I did this before writing.
I also used the copy and paste on a notepad, everything digit and character showed up on the notepad.
Yes, I have tried "restore form internet 2 times, it still failed to restore. I even got an e-mail with the restore information.
I am writing using MC 17 now.

Thanks.
Ekpen

Ekpen

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 05:58:06 pm »

Time 6:54 ET:
Jim, I am still having issues with MC 18 regarding license. I have replied to your earlier message.

The system time is ok. I do not know why I am having issues with MC registration. It comes up with my trial period  has expired.  Internet restore of key, does not work. I have tried to restore from my mjr .

All I have now is MC 17.

Thanks.
Ekpen.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:35 pm »

Try downloading MC18 again.  Use the version from the top of this board.

I just restored, using your license, and it worked fine.

I also had our system e-mail you your licenses.

What browser are you using?  Use IE, if you aren't.

Ekpen

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:59:10 am »

Greetings:

I am still experiencing issues with this licensing error. I have not experienced any problem like this before. I have re-installed MC 18. I see a flurry of temp licences  coming to me.  This  shows how many times I have tried to get this fix.
If I purchase (IF), would you refund my $ .

I am thinking this is the only way I can get this resolved.

Do you advise I uninstall MC 18 form the control Panel and then install a new copy? I do not want to wipe out my settings.

It is annoying.
Thanks.

Ekpen.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:15 am »

What browser?  Did you try another?

Did you get the licenses we mailed you?

Do not purchase again.   Something strange is going on, as you know.  Did you install any special "security" software or registry cleaner or anything unusual?

Ekpen

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 11:05:08 am »

When I re-installed, I used Mozila, the install was ok. I do not have Internet explorer on my Acer.
I will have to install it then.
Anyway, I have been using Norton 360 for over 4 years  now.
Now speaking of registry cleaner, i just remembered, Norton prompted me that I have 2 errors, if I want to fix, it then cleaned up the registry/Internet Explorer tmp and windows tmp files.
This may have been the cause of this licence problem.

The reason I want or suggest to buy again is this:

If you look at my registration, every year I registered two licenses. I like it that way, it is cheap enough.
As of this writing, i am at the last stage of finishing my HTPC with 10 3TB of storage, maybe additional 12 T if I decided to get more extenal storage. I noticed that my Oregen S21T, will be too clustered, so i am thinking of getting a nAS type Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 to place 4 of the HDs external.. So paying for a 3rd license is no big deal for me, because i will like to RESERVE a unique license for this  Server.. (Note) I am also hoping to have HDHomerun or Ceton Infinity6 on this server... enough of this, let us get to the problem.. <grn> I want to use this HTPC to show off MC18.
Let me know if yo ustill advice me to buy this license, and I hope it will be at a discounted price  you normally give to the early registrants.

I will learn a lesson from this not to let Norton 360 clean up tmp files anymore.

Thanks again.
Ekpen.

Ekpen

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:13:55 pm »

Greetings:

I am back with same issue.
The error i get 'License has expired", then when I  tried to restore licence , it displays the license in blue color, then it is supposed to install it does not install, when I press enter, it tried to save it  for the fifth time. It will now display "unknown error...error restoring Media center licence."
Well, if the registry deleted the license  while it is cleaning it, at least it should let the license install again.
This is where the issue is, not allowing re-installation of the licence.
I checked other software such as DVD profiler, it has the licence info. It looks like only MC 18 is having issue with licensing info.

If this is not solvable, I am building a new HTPC, I will just buy a new licence at your discount if you do not mind.  I mean the discount for the early bird you normally give. It is getting frustating.

Thanks.

Ekpen.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 06:47:52 am »

Confirm the complete version of MC that you are using.

Which browser(s) have you tried.  Using a different browser may give you a better error message.

Run MC18 before you try to restore.  Use Copy and Paste on the Restore page.  Here is the Restore Page:

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

Post only the last 4 characters of the license you are using.  I wil confirm that it works here.

Ekpen

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 11:33:22 am »

Greetings:
Jim, I am complaining about MC 18 beta 59.
With Internet Explorer, same result.
I have two keys registered, key #1: This is the one I use on this Acer 64 bit PC: 7To0

I was going to use the Key2 # on my wife's newly acquired Acer, she wants me to delay installing MC 18: Key #2--U1I7.

Note that I have MC16,MC17 on same PC, I have no issues with the use of these versions.

On MC 18, remember, I am not able to even get inside the program, I am frozen at the opening screen that displays "Extend Trial, Purchase, etc.
Thanks I still have MC 17 working on this PC, if not I will be helpless.

Thanks for taking your time to  look at this issue.

Ekpen.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 01:43:19 pm »

OK.  I see the problem.  Thanks.  When you copy and paste, the string has a leading space.

Here's what you can do to work around the problem.  Remove the leading space and add a zero at the end.

Thanks for your patience.

Ekpen

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »

Greetings:
 Jim, I am back in business. Using your suggestion, It still failed to let me use the key. I had to  use control panel to uninstall MC-18, accepting the registry key "uninstall". Then I installed MC180045, it then loaded up, upto the standard view screen. I was not able to get to this point for almost two days.
After, I did an upgrade from 180045 -180048. But when I tried to upgrade to 180059, after downloading fresh exe from the site, it started giving me same error message.
Then I have to use a freshly received key, one of those that came in after you replied, then I have success!!!.

Thanks again for your help.

Ekpen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up