INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist editor bug and export playlist request  (Read 1221 times)

kdk

Smartlist editor bug and export playlist request
« on: November 17, 2012, 10:32:32 am »

I'd like to report a longstanding bug in the smartlist editor that I've encountered since MC 14, at least (I'm currently using ver 17.0.189), but has only now annoyed me enough to finally report it. In my smartlists, I like to filter out songs that I have given a 1, 2, or 3 rating. 

For example, [Media Type]=[Audio] -[Rating]=1, 2, 3 [Genre]=[Blues],[Rock//Blues] ~sort=Random

In the editor, I enter a comma-separated list of rating values.  However, if I edit the playlist, the values are displayed as a semi-colon separated list. If I don't replace the semi-colons with commas before saving, the next time I edit the playlist, the rating rule is corrupted into three rules - "Rating is not 1 AND Custom 2, AND Custom 3".

Also, while not a bug, it would be nice if the Export Playlist dialog would remember the "Store paths relative to exported playlist location" checkbox setting.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Smartlist editor bug and export playlist request
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 10:35:50 am »

I'd like to report a longstanding bug in the smartlist editor that I've encountered since MC 14, at least (I'm currently using ver 17.0.189), but has only now annoyed me enough to finally report it. In my smartlists, I like to filter out songs that I have given a 1, 2, or 3 rating. 

Lists of values aren't supported in the editor for numeric fields like rating.

Instead, try [Rating]=<4 or [Rating]=4-5.

Does that work?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kdk

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 10:50:33 am »

Unfortunately, no. I only give ratings to songs I want to filter out. So your suggestions wouldn't return any songs.
I suppose I could give them all the same rating but I have associated meaning to each score that I'd like to preserve.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 02:43:35 pm »

Try this:

[Media Type]=[Audio] [=regex([Rating,0],[123])]=0  [Genre]=[Blues],[Rock//Blues] ~sort=Random
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kdk

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 11:24:07 am »

Thanks! I'll give it a try.  Not sure, though, why a comma-separated list of numbers couldn't be supported in the editor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up