INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Issues -- Please use the Third Party board thread on JRemote  (Read 4864 times)

slingshot

• Recent member

Downloaded this app from the Apple store; worked fine at first on both my computers. Now I am getting the message "could not connect to server, make sure its available."  I entered some of the info again and it worked for a while. Now it stopped working again.

Also and more importantly, I want to connect my music hard drive to the USB port of my Cisco 4500 Router. Both computers recognize the Hard Drive through the network.  How do I give it a unique address so that JRemote will recognize it? Its not a computer and some of the information to set it up on JRemote assumes that it is a computer.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:31 pm »

Hi,

There's a dedicated thread for JRemote that might give you better response. The thread might even discuss your issue so search or browse through it.

Karhu

• Recent member
JRemote setup with iphone
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 02:59:29 pm »

Hi

I have downloaded the JREmote app from itunes store. And want to start streaming music from my iphone.
How do i proceed. I come from spotify where you just log on and then it´s playing, this is obviously not the case here.
Have tried studying some different links in the forum and in the FAQ section,  but it´s doesn´t get me nearer to the goal, have honestly no idea of how to set it up, too much info and options.

I need to be able to stream /play music from my phone connect outside the home, like you do on your home laptop, just can´t set it up..

Some Help Please!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote setup with iphone
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 03:22:34 pm »

There is a JRemote thread on the Third Party board here.  Please use that.

bryanttrew

• Recent member
JRemote, Genre and Album Covers
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 05:53:02 pm »

Hello,

When using JRemote on an iPad, what happens when you select Genre?  For example, I want to know if I was to select Pop Music, would I see a grid view of album covers, or does it provide a column with tracks for each album?

Thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: JRemote, Genre and Album Covers
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:29:20 pm »

See attached.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bryanttrew

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 09:33:16 pm »

Very cool.  This might be a must purchase for me now.

Thanks!

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »

Its a no-brainer - drop the ten-er posthaste.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bryanttrew

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:59 pm »

Well, it's buggy as it is an Alpha version, but I am extremely happy that I bought JRiver at the discount price.  $39.99 to finally get iPad remote software that allows me to navigate my large music library in a sensible way really makes a lot of sense.

The only recommendation I would make is that when you drill down into genre, have the app work so that pressing the genre button brings you all the way back to the top.  Multiple steps to back out is a bit of an annoyance.

In any case, I'm glad I took your advice! :-)

mbovaird

JRemote only showing artists starting with A, B and some of C....
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »

I have recently installed JRemote on my iPad and iPhone. For some strange reason, it is not showing all the Artists in my library, only those that start wit A, B and some of C. It does this on both the iPad and iPhone app. See attached.

But, if I search for a particular artist, such as "Elton John" it works fine.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote only showing artists starting with A, B and some of C....
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 11:05:26 am »

It will be related to tagging.

gruvytune

• Recent member
JRemote and flac cue files
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 01:23:45 pm »

Hi there
Love the app.

The large individual flac files show the cue playlist in the mediacenter but viewing them in jremote the single large flac file is shown when I browse files and play them rather than the individual files.  If I play from mediacenter then look at my playlist in jremote they all show up individually

How can I get it to show all the tracklist when I play via the remote?

Thanks!!

Manfred

JRemote JRiver and Blue Ray and DVD
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 11:19:42 am »

Hello,

yesterday I bought JRemote through the apple store. Great App. Great User Interface. Directly works on my new iPad.

But may I have missed it - if playing Blu Ray or DVD and I have started the movie there is no acess to the menus on the blu ray or DVD any more, so far I have tried it. One must use e.g. the go<< go back function to go to a different title on the blu ray. Also the different chapters on the blu ray are not shown on the JRemote app. Do I have missed somehing or is that a feature currently not available.

Best Regards and Thank you very much for your help!

Manfred
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
JRemote and television
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 08:36:43 pm »

What is the easiest way to interact with MC 18 and television programs via JRemote?

I am using JRemote on an iPad and only have access to Video and Audio categories.
Is there a way to scan the EPG on the iPad or change the channels?
So far I can only load recordings that I made in the past.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

csimon

Re: JRemote and television
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 10:07:01 am »

You will probably need to request this feature on the JRemote thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79104.0.

GertSterner

JRemote problems: conneting to MC, crashing, selecting and sorting
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:42 am »

Hi JRiver.

I like the beta 18 MC for Mac. I also like the JRemote. I use MC on a Mac Mini with OS X 10.7.5. I use JRemote on iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.3 for iPad and on iPhone 5 with i OS 6.1.4 for iPhone.

I have issues though:
- if I have not been playing music for some hours, some times only minutes, and some times even if I am playing music at the moment - JRemote don't remote the MC. I then have to shut down the app in iOS and start it again to make it work.

- If I hold my finger pressed at the album name, the app crashes. Both on iPad and iPhone . It takes about 3 seconds.

- If I search for an artist, find the artist and select the artist. Then I get a list of all the albums of that artist. I then scroll the list and find the album I would like to hear. But if I set the button to play all now, I do get to hear the album, but also all the other albums aften this in the list of the artist. How do I only get the one album without going back to search and then search for the album name?

- The last thing is the sorting of this album list under a specific artist. Now it is in alphabetic order. But how do I get it sorted by year?

Kind regards
Gert Sterner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up