INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play one track at a time, and then stop ?  (Read 1306 times)

d2b

• Recent member
Play one track at a time, and then stop ?
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:28:11 pm »

Is it not possible to configure Media Center to play just the next track in the sequence and then stop until asked to play the next track?

d2b

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Play one track at a time, and then stop ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:39:41 pm »

Player > Stop After Current File

or

Player > Repeat > Stop After Each File
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

d2b

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:52:03 am »

I meanr a "hands-free" stop. I don't mean entering key strokes during each song.

What I want to avoid are automatic transitions from one song to another, but in fact there's more to this request than meets the eye.

My vision of idea is, as a radio DJ, to be able to start the next song in the sequence manuallly just as the current song is ending....overlapping the tail of the first one with the start of the next one...and without any fade-out or fade-in effects on either song.

This is a far better way of obtaining a desired segue, since I can "listen" for the right point in time at which to launch the next track. This makes for a more pleasing cross-fade effect than just leaving it up to a preset autotransition which is often an "iffy" proposition.

You can keep all of you fancy automated ways to cross-fade, but please allow this simple technique as another option.

-d2b-

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 07:14:04 am »

I meanr a "hands-free" stop. I don't mean entering key strokes during each song.

'Stop After Each File' will probably work for you. It's a Repeat mode you can choose to enable from the interface (see the attachment)
Pages: [1]   Go Up