INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitle Downloader plug-in  (Read 108211 times)

fodalweb

• Recent member
Re: Subtitle Downloader: New interface plug-in
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2013, 05:11:16 pm »

I <3 you mouse.

You're amazing ^_^

Gilaspit

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2013, 03:38:39 pm »

Thanks pahunt for the program. Cant wait to check it out! thank mouse for the alt link.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2013, 08:53:22 am »

Apologies for the link going AWOL again. I have now moved it to a location that won't disappear and have updated the first post accordingly. Thanks to InflatableMouse for stepping in, in the interim!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »

4. It will not attempt to download subtitles for DVD or Blu-ray discs that have been imported.

I've got some Italian Exchange Students to do some testing as most of my Library is BD structure rips and does not have any ITA subs.

The good news is you CAN add additional subs for BD's and the following is the naming convention to get it to work.  
- Blu-ray (Disks):  The subtitle file should be saved in the "BDMV" folder as "index.srt".  As you can see from the attached pic BDST.JPG,  MC stores in path a name called "....filepath\BDMV\index.bluray" so in this case "...filepath\BDMV\index.srt" works for adding an additional subtitle option in MC

- Blu-ray (Title Particles):  The subtitle file should be saved in the "BDMV\Playlist" folder as "#####.srt".  As you can see from the attached pic BDPST.JPG,  MC stores in path a name called "....filepath\BDMV\PLAYLIST\#####.mpls" so in this case "...filepath\BDMV\PLAYLIST\#####.srt" works for adding an additional subtitle option in MC.  The playlist folder can contain multiple Title Particles.

It would be great if you could add this logic to your Subtitle Downloader.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2013, 03:16:27 am »

- Blu-ray (Title Particles):  The subtitle file should be saved in the "BDMV\Playlist" folder as "#####.srt".  As you can see from the attached pic BDPST.JPG,  MC stores in path a name called "....filepath\BDMV\PLAYLIST\#####.mpls" so in this case "...filepath\BDMV\PLAYLIST\#####.srt" works for adding an additional subtitle option in MC.  The playlist folder can contain multiple Title Particles.

Actually these kinda of already work!  (see pics).  Subtitle Downloader will seek to grab a SRT file (and if found) will name it correctly and put it in the correct directly so MC will the offer it as an option but it would need some fixing as:
- Unfortunately for the TV Series most seem to have timing issues / wrong subtitles as I guess the BD versions are different to those ripped from other sources or the Season / Eps is not correct.

- With Movies (Title Particles) it did not find anything to download.

JRiver CEO Elect

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2013, 09:43:20 am »

Actually these kinda of already work!  (see pics).  Subtitle Downloader will seek to grab a SRT file (and if found) will name it correctly and put it in the correct directly so MC will the offer it as an option but it would need some fixing as:
- Unfortunately for the TV Series most seem to have timing issues / wrong subtitles as I guess the BD versions are different to those ripped from other sources or the Season / Eps is not correct.

- With Movies (Title Particles) it did not find anything to download.

Yes getting the right subtitles is going to be the big problem here. The way the APIs that Subtitle Downloader uses work is that you supply a "hash" value for the file (based on file size, length etc.) and it returns the correct subtitles. However from what I've seen this is designed for use with MKVs and the like where there is a single file. However I will do some investigating and see if anything can be done so that it works better for BD/DVDs.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2013, 03:46:28 pm »

Ahhhh - I thought it used meta data like "IMDb ID" for Movies and or "TheTVBD Series ID + Season + Eps" for TV Shows.  Any of the raw file info will be an issue with BD and BD Particles, though other Meta Data fields include "Name" and "Duration" should be accurate.

Thanks for looking
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »

I was just wondering if you plan on updating this for MC 19 at some point? I've enjoyed it in V18 (and still run V18 overnight to get caught up...). I'd love to be able to right-click on a file and grab it's subtitles (or better yet, a small group of files). Thanks for your hard work on this useful plug-in!

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2013, 03:17:18 am »

I was just wondering if you plan on updating this for MC 19 at some point? I've enjoyed it in V18 (and still run V18 overnight to get caught up...). I'd love to be able to right-click on a file and grab it's subtitles (or better yet, a small group of files). Thanks for your hard work on this useful plug-in!

I am working on a fairly major overhaul of this plug-in at the moment which should be released fairly soon.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2013, 03:23:37 am »

Ahhhh - I thought it used meta data like "IMDb ID" for Movies and or "TheTVBD Series ID + Season + Eps" for TV Shows.  Any of the raw file info will be an issue with BD and BD Particles, though other Meta Data fields include "Name" and "Duration" should be accurate.

Thanks for looking
Nathan

Sorry for the delayed reply. It does indeed use IMDB ID and Series/Season/Episode but that only gets you so far. You then need to use the computed hash to narrow down the results to hopefully get the correct one for the specific version of the video in question. For instance take a look at the number of results that Open Subtitles has for Iron Man 3 in English: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/sublanguageid-eng/idmovie-135448

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2013, 10:19:11 pm »

Thanks for the update, that's great to hear!!

I am working on a fairly major overhaul of this plug-in at the moment which should be released fairly soon.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2013, 02:43:00 am »

Version 0.5.0 uploaded. See first post for details.

WARNING! A lot of changes gone on under the hood in this release and while it works for me be prepared for potential problems.

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2013, 02:46:29 pm »

Hi Paul,
I tried installing the new version, but am having some trouble with it. Here's what I've tried so far:
  • I ran the installer and just clicked "OK" in all the screens. Restarted MC19 and it wasn't showing up. Ran the installer again and paid more attention - noticed that it defaulted to installing in the MC18 plugins folder.
  • I changed the install path to the MC19 (plugin) directory and finished the install. Restarted MC19 and still couldn't find it (looking under "Services & Plug-Ins", in the video view schemes, context menus when right-clicking on videos, etc.
  • I ran MC18 to see if it was working in that version, and got an error message in the 'Services & Plug-Ins" tree. That could possibly have been because I didn't uninstall the previous version. (??).
  • Just in case, I tried moving the "SubtitleDownloader" folder to the root (in MC19), no joy.
  • I also tried moving the files to the root, nope.  :-[
I'm glad to see that you're still at it - looking forward to getting it working on my system. I'm running Vista with all important updates installed. I really don't need MC18 anymore, since MC19 is running fine, so I can uninstall it if needed.

Any suggestions appreciated and happy to try out any ideas you might have.
William

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2013, 02:53:07 pm »

Hi Paul,
I tried installing the new version, but am having some trouble with it. Here's what I've tried so far:
  • I ran the installer and just clicked "OK" in all the screens. Restarted MC19 and it wasn't showing up. Ran the installer again and paid more attention - noticed that it defaulted to installing in the MC18 plugins folder.
  • I changed the install path to the MC19 (plugin) directory and finished the install. Restarted MC19 and still couldn't find it (looking under "Services & Plug-Ins", in the video view schemes, context menus when right-clicking on videos, etc.
  • I ran MC18 to see if it was working in that version, and got an error message in the 'Services & Plug-Ins" tree. That could possibly have been because I didn't uninstall the previous version. (??).
  • Just in case, I tried moving the "SubtitleDownloader" folder to the root (in MC19), no joy.
  • I also tried moving the files to the root, nope.  :-[
I'm glad to see that you're still at it - looking forward to getting it working on my system. I'm running Vista with all important updates installed. I really don't need MC18 anymore, since MC19 is running fine, so I can uninstall it if needed.

Any suggestions appreciated and happy to try out any ideas you might have.
William

Sorry for the problems. My first suggestion would be to uninstall the plug-in completely and then verify that no trace of it is showing in MC19. Then install again ensuring it defaults to MC19 folder (which I have just double-checked and it does for me).

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

Tried that, still no luck... :P

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2013, 01:34:42 am »

Tried that, still no luck... :P

OK, so what actually happens now? Do you get an error or does it just not work? Was the previous version working OK for you?

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2013, 09:14:23 am »

Yes, the previous version was working for me (in MC18). I'm running MC19 now.
I am able to run the install file and the folder is created and populated under the 'plugins' folder in MC19.
When I open MC19, it just doesn't show up. Nothing in the 'Services' tree (is that still where it should show up?), nothing under library tools or context menu when right-clicking on movies.
I am able to run the uninstall and it seems to finish normally and removes the files.

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2013, 07:41:00 am »

Hi William-NM,
Have you already tried this?

Please go to Tools/Options/Services/Interface Plugins--click on Manage Interface Plugins...Subtitle Downloader SHOW. Presto!

Good luck,
George
geoptin

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »

Oh, for pete's sake - I had looked in Tools>Options>Services ,  but failed to open the Interface Plugins folder. It's working fine now.  :-[

Thank You, George!!!

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2013, 01:51:50 am »

Oh, for pete's sake - I had looked in Tools>Options>Services ,  but failed to open the Interface Plugins folder. It's working fine now.  :-[

Thank You, George!!!

I'm glad I could help!
George
geoptin

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2013, 06:55:23 pm »

Well, I spoke too soon. It shows up and takes forever to go through the 1100 movies, then I check 1 or 2 or 5  to get subs for, and it either comes back with "An error has occurred. Please restart Media Center before proceeding" (in which case when it restarts, no movies are listed, so have to re-start the whole process). Sometimes, it just says something like "0 subtitles downloaded. 0 errors." I uninstalled it, reinstalled it. I let it index the movies and then re-started MC, which did result in it saving the movie list, but still get the same errors. I get the same errors when I try to dl subs for a number of different movies, trying one at a time, so it isn't just on one or two particular titles.

And I still think that one should be able to right click on a movie and select "get subs" rather than having to wait 15 minutes for it to go through every video.

Ekpen

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2013, 05:13:05 pm »

Version 0.5.0 uploaded. See first post for details.

WARNING! A lot of changes gone on under the hood in this release and while it works for me be prepared for potential problems.

Greetings:
Can you please give your program a unique name and version number. "setup.exe is too generic, it does not tell what app it is.
I have more then 50 setup.exe files in my drive,  at times renaming does not help.
Any link to the new version?

Thanks
Ekpen.

AssadMawad

• Recent member
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2013, 08:46:26 am »

Hello,

i just updated to V19 and v0.5 of your plugin (btw big fan of your work) but i have a problem that the subtitle file will be downloaded in root folder of the file it self

example: movie location : Y:\TV Shows\How I Met Your Mother\Season 09\S09E09.avi
Subtitle location : Y:\TV Shows\How I Met Your Mother\Season 09S09E09.eng.srt

Thank for your response

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2013, 02:53:28 pm »

Hello,

i just updated to V19 and v0.5 of your plugin (btw big fan of your work) but i have a problem that the subtitle file will be downloaded in root folder of the file it self

example: movie location : Y:\TV Shows\How I Met Your Mother\Season 09\S09E09.avi
Subtitle location : Y:\TV Shows\How I Met Your Mother\Season 09S09E09.eng.srt

Thank for your response

I have the same problem. Any solutions to this ?

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2013, 03:20:57 pm »

I have the same problem. Any solutions to this ?

Sorry, I missed the original reporting of this problem. It looks like it's missing a backslash when it's building the subtitle file path, which is odd as it's working OK for me. Let me take a look in the code and see if I can work out what's wrong.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2013, 03:37:43 pm »

Sorry, I missed the original reporting of this problem. It looks like it's missing a backslash when it's building the subtitle file path, which is odd as it's working OK for me. Let me take a look in the code and see if I can work out what's wrong.

I've replicated the problem now, new version available shortly.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2013, 04:06:02 pm »

New version uploaded that fixes the issue with subtitle files being put in the wrong folder.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2013, 05:04:53 am »

I have now open-sourced the code for this plug-in which you can find here:

https://code.google.com/p/jrmc-subtitle-downloader/

This doesn't mean that I won't be making any more changes in the future but I thought other people may want to have a go as well.

Al ex

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2014, 03:32:51 pm »

Hi,

does the plugin still work? I have MC 19.0.155 on Win 8.1.
When I start a movie, no subtitle is downloaded (checked the sub-folder). Tried it with several movies, all nicely tagged and with IMDB-ID, restarted the movie, no success.

Thx, Alex

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »

Hi,

does the plugin still work? I have MC 19.0.155 on Win 8.1.
When I start a movie, no subtitle is downloaded (checked the sub-folder). Tried it with several movies, all nicely tagged and with IMDB-ID, restarted the movie, no success.

Thx, Alex

It does but the latest version writes a language prefix right before the extention and mc fails to pick it up when moving video files. I would love an update with an option to disable that behaviour.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2014, 03:39:06 pm »

Arbiter, what was your workaround solution?

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Re:
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2014, 03:41:54 pm »

Arbiter, what was your workaround solution?

If you're asking about getting the plugin to work, i didn't do anything fancy. Just fired up the installer a few versions back and it's still working nicely in MC19.0.155 (win 8.1 x64 as well). As for the file naming issue i wrote about, i just manually remove the prefix from each subtitle so the program will pick it up.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2014, 03:47:02 pm »

Ok I see. In my case I cannot find any downloaded subtitle in the movie folder, which I could rename at least manually...
Maybe I also need to check for an older version of the downloader.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Re:
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2014, 03:49:48 pm »

Ok I see. In my case I cannot find any downloaded subtitle in the movie folder, which I could rename at least manually...
Maybe I also need to check for an older version of the downloader.

Are you sure the plugin is activated ? you can check by going to Tools -> Services -> Manage Interface Plugins -> Subtitle Downloader -> check if it's hidden.

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2014, 03:50:53 pm »

Hi, Im  interetsed in this program. can anyone tell us wich version was the last to work ok and were to get it? thanks

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2014, 04:04:09 pm »

Check the first post, there you will find a dropbox download link for the latest version. Need to check tomorrow, if I can find somewhere on my disc a previous version to test...

Christian_Rork

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2014, 03:37:57 pm »

I am helpless here, how do I activate this plugin after I have installed the Setup.exe?

Machine: Windows 7
JRiver Version: 18.0.212

pahunt

• World Citizen
Re: Subtitle Downloader plug-in
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:32 am »

Version 1.0.0 uploaded. See first post for details.

hydropepon

• Recent member
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2014, 06:59:50 pm »

Well, I spoke too soon. It shows up and takes forever to go through the 1100 movies, then I check 1 or 2 or 5  to get subs for, and it either comes back with "An error has occurred. Please restart Media Center before proceeding" (in which case when it restarts, no movies are listed, so have to re-start the whole process). Sometimes, it just says something like "0 subtitles downloaded. 0 errors." I uninstalled it, reinstalled it. I let it index the movies and then re-started MC, which did result in it saving the movie list, but still get the same errors. I get the same errors when I try to dl subs for a number of different movies, trying one at a time, so it isn't just on one or two particular titles.

And I still think that one should be able to right click on a movie and select "get subs" rather than having to wait 15 minutes for it to go through every video.

I`m experiencing the same problem/problems. Windows 8.1 x64, Media Center 20.0.33

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2014, 02:45:38 am »

I`m experiencing the same problem/problems. Windows 8.1 x64, Media Center 20.0.33

I'm not sure why you're getting those errors, I will investigate but you are aware that scanning all videos isn't necessary. Every time you play a video it will automatically look for subtitles for it.

hydropepon

• Recent member
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2014, 07:20:54 pm »

I'm not sure why you're getting those errors, I will investigate but you are aware that scanning all videos isn't necessary. Every time you play a video it will automatically look for subtitles for it.

That does not appear to be happening either. And it`s not really the scanning that`s the problem, - it`s the fact that it gives me that aforementioned error whenever I try to download subtitles for any video. The end result is that basically I cannot get any subtitles for any video using this plugin. And thank you for looking into this by the way.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2014, 02:24:39 pm »

That does not appear to be happening either. And it`s not really the scanning that`s the problem, - it`s the fact that it gives me that aforementioned error whenever I try to download subtitles for any video. The end result is that basically I cannot get any subtitles for any video using this plugin. And thank you for looking into this by the way.

Could you send me a log file please. You can find it by clicking the "Show log" button at the bottom right of the main page.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2014, 02:57:28 pm »

Version 1.0.1 now uploaded which adds some better error handling in the hope this may resolve some of the recently reported issues.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2014, 04:26:21 am »

Version 1.0.2 now uploaded. I believe I have found and fixed the cause of the recent problems. Unfortunately OpenSubtitles had disabled the user agent that the plug-in was using and I have now updated to use the correct one. Apologies for inconvenience.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2014, 04:42:12 pm »

Just installed 1.0.2 on latest mc20.0.33 and made a complete scan: found more than 500 videos with no subtitles, found 90 subtitles and saved it obviously successfully!

hydropepon

• Recent member
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:40 pm »

Version 1.0.2 now uploaded. I believe I have found and fixed the cause of the recent problems. Unfortunately OpenSubtitles had disabled the user agent that the plug-in was using and I have now updated to use the correct one. Apologies for inconvenience.
I`m not sure whether it was 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 because I`ve only tried the latter, but the issues appear to have been resolved. Much obliged.

hydropepon

• Recent member
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2014, 11:41:18 am »

Just my luck. I have started to encounter another error - one that has apparently been fixed a while ago:
Quote from: pahunt
0.2.2: Fixed the error "Interface plug-in "Subtitle Downloader Plugin" could not be found or created." that would occur if the settings file was missing."
The last thing I remember doing before it started appearing was clearing the %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log

UPDATE: Curiously enough after I received a Windows Defender definition update the plugin started working again. It would seem then that the plugin only works or atleast does not present that particular error if the edb log is not empty.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2014, 09:52:01 am »

Just my luck. I have started to encounter another error - one that has apparently been fixed a while ago:  The last thing I remember doing before it started appearing was clearing the %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log

UPDATE: Curiously enough after I received a Windows Defender definition update the plugin started working again. It would seem then that the plugin only works or atleast does not present that particular error if the edb log is not empty.

Well that's a new one on me, I can't think of anything in the code that would care about Windows Defender.

hydropepon

• Recent member
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2014, 10:51:47 am »

Well that's a new one on me, I can't think of anything in the code that would care about Windows Defender.
The edb log is where the windows update history is kept and and generally when Windows Defender`s definitions get updated that gets logged in the edb file. With that being said I am starting to question my initial hypothesis because that "Interface plug-in Subtitle Downloader Plugin could not be found or created." error seems to now be popping up rather frequently and seemingly at random. So yeah... it would seem that both the initial appearance and the fix might have just been bizarrely timed coincidences.

Al ex

« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:11 am »

On current MC 20.0.62 (and also some previous versions before already), downloader is not working anymore. When i start MC, I get this:

"Interface plug-in "Subtitle Downloader" could not be found or created.

Also reinstalling the latest version from Nov 2014 is not helping.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up