INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: choppy tv display  (Read 2761 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
choppy tv display
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:13:47 pm »

I just got a new pc to be my media playback device.  It's running windows 7, 8 gig of ram, 3.1 ghz i5, so the machine is pretty powerful.  But my tv playback is choppy.  I used to have it set to Red October on my previous pc, but that was giving me audio, but no picture.  I switched it to HQ and at least get video now.  When I'm watching sports though, it just plain looks bad.  I'm running a pctv usb tuner.  Other video playback, non tv, looks great.

Ideas?

Thanks!!

Ryan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: choppy tv display
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:41:32 am »

Try turning video hardware acceleration off.  RO Std will be more likely to work.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:54:19 am »

Which country are you in and what type of TV (ATSC, DVB-T, Cable, etc.) do you watch?  Does video improve if you turn off time-shifting (right-click, TV Options, Cancel time-shifting)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:01 pm »

Not sure how I missed both of these responses.  I actually just came back to this thread to post that I got upset and installed MC17, while leaving MC18 side-by-side, and the TV display looked perfect without having to change anything. 

I'm watching 100% OTA digital TV.  The lag is terrible when watching sports (currently have NBC on watching Sunday Night Football), in the US.  Video quality does not improve with a change to time shifting.

Jim - when I turn off hardware acceleration, and switch to Red October Std, I get the same results as before.  I hear the sound of the TV broadcast, but I am getting a black screen - ie, no video.

Thanks!

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 03:27:23 pm »

Bumping this back up.  Still having issues with MC18 and TV display.  It works great with MC17 on the same box.  Even when I turn it on to Red October HQ on MC17, it looks great.  In MC18, it looks like my TV Tuner card did on my laptop in 1999 when it couldn't keep up with the processing needed.

Any other ideas on what to check/ change?  I'm having some other issues with MC18 that I'll post about in the MC18 forum, perhaps they're related, but not anything specific that affects the video that I can think of.  Thanks!

--Ryan

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:57 am »

I am not sure what to suggest, since you indicated that there is a problem both in Red October Standard and Red October HQ.  Are you using the latest MC18 (18.0.103)?  Did you try tweaking madVR settings (in ROHQ)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up