INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: headphone (ear buds) recommendation?  (Read 1681 times)

RSleith

• Junior Woodchuck
headphone (ear buds) recommendation?
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:49:54 pm »

Hi

So I'm buying a tablet for my sweetie for Christmas. One of the anticipated uses is watching video or listening to music in bed (while I sleep). Looking to spend $100 US, but blow me away and I'll consider higher end. Ease of use (I find the ear buds that came with my iPod impossible to position correctly) and silent or whisper quiet operation from the perspective of said nearby sleeping body are more important features than audiophile quality.

Many thanks,
Rod

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: headphone (ear buds) recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:21:05 pm »

See if these suit your needs.  They get pretty good reviews.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 06:06:23 pm »

I am very fussy about my headphones.

I used to love the Sennheiser PX100. Superb sound at a reasonable price ($70) but their cables tended to fail after a year's heavy use. I purchased 3 pairs plus sent 3 back for warranty replacement meaning I went through 6 pairs. Unfortunately they are very hard to find now and may have been discontinued.

I have now switched to the Koss PortaPro. Again, superb sound at reasonable price ($60). Probably more robust than the Sennheiser but not exactly fashion statements. If you care more about sound than looking cool I highly recommend these.

Since these are open over the ear designs they may not be quiet enough to neighbors for you.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:32:33 pm »

For right around $100 US ... you cannot go wrong with these Bose earbuds.  This is my second pair (had the 1st ones stolen).  They sound incredible and the unique in-ear design is by far the most comfortable earbud you'll wear.  You literally won't notice they're in even after hours of listening.

A couple of other things I love about them is the cord is designed with some kind of material that doesn't easily kink up or get tangled.  Also, there's a small clip just below where the two ear cords come together that lets you clip the cord to a shirt collar or shirt pocket so that it doesn't get pulled or weigh down your ears.

I highly recommend these earbuds if that's the direction you're looking to go.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/in_ear_headphones/index.jsp
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

RSleith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

Thanks all.

I decided to go with the Klipsch suggested by MrC. Recommended by Consumer Reports and can't beat the price!
Pages: [1]   Go Up