INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: ZoneSwitch  (Read 56497 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: NEW: ZoneSwitch
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

How is there not a duplicate/copy zone function in here though!?
This has been requested since before ZoneSwitch. Hopefully someday!

I can't seem to find a list of what settings are global, and which only apply to the current zone, but I've spent a lot of time tweaking my settings to get things working the way I want them to, and now creating a new zone seems to have thrown all of that away.
I started a thread that requests video settings by zone. It lists a lot of settings that are global that I wish were zone specific.

bobkatz

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2013, 10:49:38 am »

I would really really REALLY  :o like the ability to copy a zone with all its settings to a new zone.

Thanks for considering.

+1 on that. I know that Matt is thinking about ways to copy a zone. Here's just one of my several good reasons for wanting this feature:

I created a zone that uses JRiver's Convolver with a set of filter files. I decide that I want to create another zone with a different target setting that will call a different set of filter files. Or perhaps a zone with an EQ for bright films and another eq for "dark" films. The ability to duplicate one such zone to another would save me up to half an hour of work manually duplicating all the other settings that are in the source zone.

The ergonomics of duplicating a zone could be as easy as "create new zone" with a checkbox to duplicate current zone or to start with a default.  Hope this helps,

Bob

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2013, 03:06:05 pm »

It would be great to have the ability to select what video output is assigned to each zone.
IE running Theater view on just a living room tv and not on your computer also. So annoying during the day if the fiancee is watching something in the living room and I come into the office to check my email and ARG what she is watching is on my computer screen and I can't check my mail or do anything else with my computer. This can be done with the audio why not the video also?

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »

I totally didn't know about this and it is now my favourite feature.  :D

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 05:21:27 pm »

Wondering if theres a way to trigger an external batch file or other command when switching zones?

I'd like to use zones like receiver input selects.

I have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card that has lots of ins and outs.

I've connected my external CD/DVD/SACD player multichannel analog outs to the hardware inputs. JRiver plays to the software inputs.

If I want to switch between JRiver audio and external audio, (or specific external audio sources) I can do so by loading up profiles in the M-audio control panel.

Ideally, I'd like to launch a batch file to do this automatically so when a zone is selected, it triggers the m-audio control panel switch as well.

I know I can do this via remote commands but it would be nice to have it tied to zone switching as I could then do it via remote apps of the UI as well as via an IR remote control.

Cheers

Peter

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2014, 09:26:12 am »

We fire an MCC message MCC_NOTIFY_CURRENT_ZONE_CHANGED (34039) when the zone changes.  Does that help?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CubicZirconia

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2015, 08:38:44 pm »

love the zone and zoneswitch feature! fantastic design.

one question to jriver team.

is it possible to switch zone interactively in the middle of the playback. my situation is: I have a zone for tv where the sound is send to tv speakers so I don't have to load up my amps to just watch news and weather stuff. I set up a zone switch so all streams from OpenCable tuner go to this zone. but from time to time, I do want to watch tv with my surrounds, like HBO or NFL.

so the question: is there a set of remote key presses that could "send the now playing to another zone regardless of zoneswitch setting"?

thanks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up