INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEED HELP - Ripped CD being stored as unassigned  (Read 3503 times)

bodiezaffa

• Recent member
NEED HELP - Ripped CD being stored as unassigned
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:58:22 pm »

I’m a mid 40’s business owner so right off the bat, I’m at a disadvantage.
I have cd’s I’m ripping to ape. The cd is being stored but not any of the metadata so they are all being bundled under the heading unassigned.  Trying to unbundle them is proving quite difficult.
How can I fix this as other cd’s I ripped were filed properly and showing up in artist and album headings.
In addition, there must be an easier way to edit a group tag of song collections that have the same identity. Right now its slow and labour intensive -  1 at a time.
Your help in plain simple language is greatly appreciated.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: NEED HELP - Ripped CD being stored as unassigned
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:13:23 pm »

When you insert the CD, MC will lookup the metadata.  If it is not found in either JRiver's own YADB database, FreeDB will be tried.  If still no metadata is found, you are presented with a dialog to enter the data.  If the metadata is not entered, then all the fields are empty and MC's default views will be grouped as you note.

You can make corrections to multiple selections - select the files, and open the Tag Action Window (lower left) and enter the data you want in the fields (Album, Artist, Date, etc.).  All selected tracks will be affected.  You can also make in-cell edits by pressing F2, make the changes, and press Enter.  F2 affects all the selected cells in the column last clicked.

Once files have metadata, the views will group correctly.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bodiezaffa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:36:03 pm »

Thank you. Seems to be working.
Another question. If an unassigned files has only one song file but there are others that relate to the same album/artist, will the program automatically put them together once the medadata is complete.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:44:27 pm »

Each particular view groups according to how the view is configured.  The Albums view groups by album, Artists, by artist (actually, Album Artist (auto)), etc.  The default views provided by MC provide what most users want initially.

You can create your own views to customize grouping in innumerable ways - ask for particulars when you're ready.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up