INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No audio when playing video(f.ex. mkv files)& how get downloaded subtitel work  (Read 1439 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Hi

Hope somebody can help me. I can t get any audio when I play Movies(downloaded files like mkv). It was not a problem before. Maybe I have activated something that I don t know about. Know this sounds stupid. I normally know what I am doing, but this time I cant find it out. When I play Music there is audio. But not when I play video. Why I dont know. It is the same problem on mc 17 and 18. I must have done something because It used to be no problem.

One more thing. I want to know how i can add downloaded subtitles to my Movies. I have tried to drag the file into the Movie window when it is playing. Then i get 3 Choices: import, play and ad to play now. This does not work. Is this the right way to do this. I ve also tried to put the srt. subtitle file in the same folder as the Movie and the import it to mc, but cant find the Movie when i click on Movie on the leftside in mc. should i reinstall mc?
When i use vlc player this is very easy just drag it into the Movie and Select sub. But vlc is crap. I want to se my Movies With mc. The audio and video quality is superior. Best player ever. And one important thing, no lagging.

Hope somebody can help me With these 2 problems.

Kind reguards,
Thomas Kolstø

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Check the device you have selected for audio.  Check the video settings.

Download and install the latest build of MC18.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Hi

Thank You for Your response :-). The Device is asio and audiodriver is asio4all v2.

I have Windows 8 64bit.

Have the latest mc 18.

I wrote that it had worked before that is not true(that was With Direct sound). Sorry about that. But anyway.

I have asio4all driver and it does not work With Movie like f.ex. mkv files. after a while there comes a sound (impossibel to hear what they say, maskinlike sound) and then after a short while the Movie stops. Is there any solution to this? Maybe I should use another driver. Heard that asio4all v2 is not true asio. What should i use. Where can i download a better asio driver or any is there any other suggestions.

(I also bought a soundcard to my pc so that i get better sound. Asus xonar essence stx. Maybe this will work. It will be installed right after Christmas)

Kind reguards,
Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up