INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get the Audio Path Tool to turn Blue?  (Read 922 times)

delkat

How to get the Audio Path Tool to turn Blue?
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:15:13 pm »

I'm a new user and seem to have things working sending files to my Oppo 105 (in DNLP Renderer mode).  My Oppo is connected via ethernet to my wireless router.  I want to use the Oppo DAC to decode the music.  I'm using 18.0.106 on Windows XP (soon moving to 7 with a new laptop) with Audio Output mode set to Kernel Streaming.  If I switch in my external DAC (connected to the Oppo), I can see the sample rate is correct as I play different sample rate music so I assume I am getting the "raw" files out of MC18.  I thought when MC18 is sending bitperfect output the Audio Path Tool icon turns blue.  Mine just says "Not using JRiver audio engine" for input and output?

Am I missing something or is this the correct output for what I am doing?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to get the Audio Path Tool to turn Blue?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:21:23 pm »

Welcome.  DLNA doesn't use MC's audio engine.  It just sends the file to the Renderer.

delkat

Re: How to get the Audio Path Tool to turn Blue?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »

OK, great.  I'm wondering why some of the metadata show up on the Oppo's display (TV) while others are blank except for "length"?

Now it's time to figure out how to get my MC18 to play via USB input on the Oppo.  I can't seem to figure that one out yet but may be having some Oppo driver issues based on running XP.

So does the blue light signify bitperfect output to the DAC if I'm using the MC18 to convert the FLAC to PCM and send it to the USB DAC?

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up