INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View Customisation; Theme Backdrops  (Read 2024 times)

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
Theatre View Customisation; Theme Backdrops
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:08:19 am »

Sorry, excuse my Queen's English, of course I mean Theater View Customization   ;)

I don't know if anyone can help, but I'm trying to build a new theatre view skin and I'm struggling to find if its possible to do or where to configure settings for the theme / internet pictures as backdrops.

I do want these pictures to be displayed, (and have a feeling its helping my plasma a bit too; not having the same image on screen constantly) but am trying to achieve a "light" coloured (colored  :)) backdrop.
It seems that the theme pictures are "darkened" or faded to partial black somewhere in the system, and I can't for the life of me find where in the skin xmls.

What I would like to do is "lighten" them instead, e.g. add a 50% white overlay to fade to white rather than black.

Anyone know if this is possible?

I can sort of fake it by adding a semi-transparent white overlay, but the combination of the fade to black and then a fade to white too, just fades to grey (sorry again; gray  ;D)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Re: Theatre View Customisation; Theme Backdrops
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:51:13 pm »

I also am looking for where MC puts a dark mask on the screen in Theater View.
I would like my backgrounds to be bright and colorful and eventually (if it is possible) to end up with a skin more like XBMC.

I see what you did to counter this with adding a white mask on top but this further degrades the background image.
I have dropped the alpha on your white mask from 30% to 15% which still allows for the icons to be seen.

Of course, the best fix would being able to turn off or adjust the dark/black mask more to your liking.

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Theatre View Customisation; Theme Backdrops
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 05:21:13 am »

Try this setting:

Pages: [1]   Go Up