INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting FLAC+CUE gapless files  (Read 966 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Converting FLAC+CUE gapless files
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

Since Switching to JRiver, and now having a good solution for gapless playback of files with WASAPI output, there is no longer a need for me to have entire discs encoded as a single file.

MC18 is actually really good about the way it handles FLAC+CUE internally, as it appears to be no different than if they were individual files, but that doesn't help when accessing them outside of MC18.

I should probably just re-rip the discs to individual tracks, but I used the built in conversion tool instead, which was largely successful in converting my remaining FLAC+CUE files to individual Apple Lossless tracks, but I did have a couple of minor issues.

Firstly, I have a quad-core system that does not have hyperthreading, so you would expect that converting four files at a time would be optimal - and you would be right. But if I even attempt to convert more than four files (I tried eight) MC18 immediately crashes. Yes, I'm stupid for trying it, but that shouldn't happen.

A minor issue that is not entirely MC18's fault, is that it refuses to accept disc tags in a "1/6" format for example. When I try to change the tags to that, it is simply replaced with "1".

While I am sure that MC18 has powerful file renaming tools, I didn't want to spend the time learning them, and went to dBpoweramp's batch conversion tools with the Arrange Audio "Codec" to handle renaming these new files as MC18's standard naming conventions are not at all what I want to use.

Normally if it's from a multi-disc album, dBpoweramp will name my files 101, 102, 103 instead of 01, 02, 03 but when the disc tag is simply "1" rather than "1/6" it doesn't pick up on the fact that it's a multi-disc collection. So I ended up with a folder full of six tracks beginning with 01, rather than 101, 201, 301 and so on for each disc.

So being able to enter the disc tags as "1/6", "1/2" or whatever suits would be nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up