INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APE help needed  (Read 649 times)

zevele1

APE help needed
« on: April 05, 2002, 08:39:52 am »

I understood that there is no way to know before you burn,rip cd from APE files if you will be able to put it on one cd.If i am rigth,there is some tips mb/kind of music ?
Let say i have a 2 cds box live,i would like to put it on one cd on APE format.Any tip to know if the APEs will fit on one cd?The kind of music plays a role? Kind of you can put 3cds if it is a singer with folk guitar,no more than one and a half  cd if it is Berlioz music?

Part 2
If you want to use APE only as an archive format that you will never play but just keep on cd to have a lossless archive.In this case  what are the settings? And,again,any tips about the room you need taking in account the size of the wav files?

Thank you--Zevele the kof

dragyn

RE:APE help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 11:00:34 am »

You will be able to put at least 1 ape file onto a cd. I assume you are talking image files maybe? Even separate tracks as ape's will fit.

As for archives, there is no extra settings for this. A lossless ape file is compressed to the smallest it can get and you will still be able to play it.

As for fitting 2 cd's onto 1, it is possible depending on how much the encoder compresses it. Use Extra High to save as much space as possible. I use High just because it encodes faster and uses less CPU when playing. There really isn't that much difference between High and Extra High.

If you are making a backup copy of the cd into ape format, use an image instead of individual tracks. You can create apl files for the tracks. That's what I do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up