INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262171 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2013, 06:19:00 am »

I just downloaded the updated JRiver Remote app and it FIXES the shuffle problem!  Nice work!!!

I believe it has also fixed my "skipping tracks" problem!  Thanks for the excellent support!!  :D
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

wizardofoz

• Recent member
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2013, 10:10:33 am »

The oppo105 and other oppos must have the variable volume enabled in the settings in order to control it if I am not wrong otherwise it will be fixed.

cutting42

« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2013, 04:05:11 pm »

Hi Lespaul or anyone else for that matter.

I have not used my system for 6 months or so due to a failed DAC but tried using it today. JRiver v16 on Win7 and latest version of JRemote.

Whenever JRemote is connected to JRiver it will not play correctly, stuttering and looping the first couple of seconds of audio. If I disconnect JRemote and restart play it works fine.

Other than the newer version of JRemote nothing on the system has changed.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Gareth

Anyone please?

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2013, 06:00:12 pm »

B07c) And finally it happened multiple times that the playlist was cleared automatically. I never noticed this with the old version. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the exact steps which lead to this, and I also cannot say if this only happened to the local playlist or also for a zone. As soon as I notice this again, I will give more information.

Update on that:
* This only happens for "This device".
* When I close the app to the background and reactivate it shortly after, everything is fine, and the playing now is still present.
* But, when I wait 10 to 15 min and then reactivate the app, the splash screen is shown and when this happens the playing now is empty. It has nothing to do with (re)connecting to the server. At least, if I reconnect manually to the server, playing now is not cleared. So must be something else.

Whatever causes the app to show the splash screen may also cause to clear the playing now for "This device".

I am very positive, that this did not happen with older versions prior 2.30 (i.e. 2.27). And yes, I used the new 2.31 for testing.

shAf

« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2013, 08:56:14 pm »

I believe it has also fixed my "skipping tracks" problem!  Thanks for the excellent support!!  :D
I've apparently spoken too soon. Regarding skipping tracks while streaming to "this device", I'm beginning to believe its my own m4a's because I'll sometimes get a "may be a problem with this type of format" error message ... But when I select to play the same track again it will play fine(?)

The encoder I use is Quicktime QAAC, 32bit for Windows on Windows 7, run as an "external decoder".  Encoding parameters were '--tvbr 111'

Anecdotally, it seems to be skipping fewer tracks ... Whoops! Did it again!
:(

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2013, 05:27:24 am »

shAf, have you tried to stream your aac files with transcoding (in the settings menu)?
Is it only your aac files skipping, or is it also mp3 files?

If you get an error message, it means that the internal avplayer has reported an error, but I`ll see if there is anything I can do about it.

Will test some aac files later today to see if I can reproduce it.

Rubberduck0:
Interesting observations. I assume that you are playing background audio in those 15 minutes?

maxim

• Recent member
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2013, 05:52:45 am »

Dear Lespaul,

The latest update did _not_ fix track skipping for me.

In fairness, it happens less often then before, but often enough to be a major inconvenience.

Please take another look at the problem.

With many thanks,
maxim

Details of my setup in a post above in this thread ...

shAf

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2013, 06:03:48 am »

shAf, have you tried to stream your aac files with transcoding (in the settings menu)?
Is it only your aac files skipping, or is it also mp3 files?

When I originally reported no skipping after the update I believe I had been listening to MP3, possible one of the few FLAC albums I have.  I assume you're referring to the media server side transcoding what it streams(?)  No I haven't tried that ... I could for testing, but I wouldn't want an encoder stepping on the music again.

If you get an error message, it means that the internal avplayer has reported an error, but I`ll see if there is anything I can do about it.

Will test some aac files later today to see if I can reproduce it.

I have to admit it's strange for an Apple device to have problems with their own encoder.  Let me know if I can provide an entire album for you to test (... rarewolf[at]gmail[dot]com ...)

Thank you for your excellent support (... altho this topic is getting a bit unwieldy ...)  :D

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2013, 05:06:18 pm »

Rubberduck0:
Interesting observations. I assume that you are playing background audio in those 15 minutes?

No. I add some tracks to playing now for "This device". Stop playback. Put the app in background. Put iPad to sleep. Wait 15 min. Open JRemote, the splash screen comes up, I open playing now and it is empty.
If I do the same after let's say 5 min, the playing now is still there (and there is no splash screen when re-opening the app).

Is this only me having this issue? Very strange. Cannot think of any reason why...

locust

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2013, 11:31:43 am »

This is happening every day now for me, when seeking audio sometimes it gets stuck on a 1 sec loop. When you close J Remote to the background after a couple of seconds it starts to play normally. Upon bringing J remote to the foreground the loop starts again at the same position as before even if you let the audio play for a bit. If you force close J Remote and re-open it everything works fine. It's like the seek bar is getting stuck sending the same request over and over.

I also noticed sometimes but not as often as the seeking issue the same kind of thing happens when changing the volume, the box that appears telling you the current volume, sometimes doesn't disappear and I'm going out on a limb here, I reckon it could be the exact same thing that's causing the seeking issue if indeed my assumptions are correct.

Another issue sometimes there seems to be a lagging issue I believe when browsing and changing the volume, as sometimes it volume bar has a life of it's own and will go up & down and eventually go to 0.

Hope this helps

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2013, 12:13:17 pm »

This is happening every day now for me, when seeking audio sometimes it gets stuck on a 1 sec loop. When you close J Remote to the background after a couple of seconds it starts to play normally. Upon bringing J remote to the foreground the loop starts again at the same position as before even if you let the audio play for a bit. If you force close J Remote and re-open it everything works fine. It's like the seek bar is getting stuck sending the same request over and over.

I also noticed sometimes but not as often as the seeking issue the same kind of thing happens when changing the volume, the box that appears telling you the current volume, sometimes doesn't disappear and I'm going out on a limb here, I reckon it could be the exact same thing that's causing the seeking issue if indeed my assumptions are correct.

Another issue sometimes there seems to be a lagging issue I believe when browsing and changing the volume, as sometimes it volume bar has a life of it's own and will go up & down and eventually go to 0.

Hope this helps

I'm experiencing the exact same things as you describe.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2013, 01:57:40 am »

I have investigated the stuck slider behaviour. I have found that the slider will be stuck if you tap it instead of sliding.
This is now fixed.

Regarding the various streaming problems:

I have now completely replaced the internal iOS audio player with a new framework.
This framework support most formats natively including FLAC. This means that you can now stream your FLAC files without transcoding (and almost any other audio file). Airplay will still work since it is just passing the already decoded PCM stream.

Hopefully, this will also solve the skipping problems some of you are reporting.

I expect to release the new version very soon.

locust

« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2013, 08:51:03 am »

I have investigated the stuck slider behaviour. I have found that the slider will be stuck if you tap it instead of sliding.
This is now fixed.

Regarding the various streaming problems:

I have now completely replaced the internal iOS audio player with a new framework.
This framework support most formats natively including FLAC. This means that you can now stream your FLAC files without transcoding (and almost any other audio file). Airplay will still work since it is just passing the already decoded PCM stream.

Hopefully, this will also solve the skipping problems some of you are reporting.

I expect to release the new version very soon.

Great :)

Just noticed this morning that load/save playlist is force closing J Remote, it work fine on the last version, I don't believe I have changed any setting in MC that could have caused this. Is this happening with anybody else?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2013, 12:52:07 pm »

I'm asking because I can control the volume when sending music to my WD TV Live via JRemote, regardless of what volume mode setting is in JRiver. I think the setting is for when you're playing audio on the JRiver server, not when sending it to a DLNA device.  Is you Oppo a DL:NA device? If so, then it might not respond to DLNA volume control.  That's why you need to see if you can control the volume from JRiver and eliminate JRemote.

csimon,

I just installed a WDTV Live Treaming player to my system in hopes of using this as my external zone for aother areas of my home. You said you're able to control the volume via JRiver when sending files to Wd I am hoping to do the same thing.

I have a problem though. I believe I have the WDTV set up properly....JRiver sees it as a zone & I have made the adjustments to JRiver but i can't get it to play to it. Using JRemote or JRiver ...the tracks I try to play do nothing. Cant figure out why?! Any suggestions? Would be really appreaciated!!

csimon

« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2013, 01:16:04 pm »

What format are the files you're trying to play?  Have you got conversion turned on in the DLNA settings? And do you get any error message on the WDTV when you try to play?  Can you browse the JRiver DLNA server from the WDTV itself (rather than using JRiver or JRemote to push files to it) and then play files?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2013, 01:38:27 pm »

What format are the files you're trying to play?  Have you got conversion turned on in the DLNA settings? And do you get any error message on the WDTV when you try to play?  Can you browse the JRiver DLNA server from the WDTV itself (rather than using JRiver or JRemote to push files to it) and then play files?

They're 24 bit wav files. I have no conversion set in JRiver. Don't know if I can navigate from WD to JRive as I've not tried that. But that isn't an option in this scenerio. I simply want to send files to it for playback in secondary zones.

csimon

« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2013, 01:44:31 pm »

They're 24 bit wav files. I have no conversion set in JRiver.

Try conversion to MP3, as a test.

Don't know if I can navigate from WD to JRive as I've not tried that. But that isn't an option in this scenerio. I simply want to send files to it for playback in secondary zones.

It was a suggestion to try to diagnose the problem, I wasn't suggesting you should use that method permanently. If you *can't* play the files from WDTV then it points towards the fact that it doesn't understand the file format, and turning on conversion should work. You might also get an error message on the WDTV telling you this. If you can play the files from WDTV then it points towards a problem at the JRiver server end. Either way, it's not a JRemote problem.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2013, 01:54:34 pm »

Try conversion to MP3, as a test.

It was a suggestion to try to diagnose the problem, I wasn't suggesting you should use that method permanently. If you *can't* play the files from WDTV then it points towards the fact that it doesn't understand the file format, and turning on conversion should work. You might also get an error message on the WDTV telling you this. If you can play the files from WDTV then it points towards a problem at the JRiver server end. Either way, it's not a JRemote problem.

I understood you were suggesting trouble shooting. Appreciate that. I was just rushing out the door when I reposnded....won't be able to do any of your suggested steps till probably Saturday...maybe tomorrow afternoon.

One question, what what driver are yoiu using....I currently have JRive for the WD Zone set to wasapi event. Could this cause an issue?

Also, I currently have the WD connected to my Lexicon MV-12HD Processor via HDMI. I'm also wondering if sending it wav files isn't a problem. But, if so, not sure that would stop JRiver from at least playing the file. When I select a track it simply doesn't do anything....total time of the track doesn't appear. & When I press play it advances to the next track, then sits there.

csimon

« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2013, 02:42:36 pm »

I have WASAPI Event Style, but this is irrelevant when controlling DLNA devices. The only settings that matter are in the DLNA settings dialog. The audio driver is only for specifying how JRiver controls the audio hardware in your computer.

You need to do some troubleshooting - turn MP3 conversion on and see if that works.  If it doesn't then we can investigate the HDMI issue. But the only thing we can ascertain at the moment is "it doesn't work" - we need to find out exactly what isn't working!

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2013, 02:47:30 pm »

I have WASAPI Event Style, but this is irrelevant when controlling DLNA devices. The only settings that matter are in the DLNA settings dialog. The audio driver is only for specifying how JRiver controls the audio hardware in your computer.

You need to do some troubleshooting - turn MP3 conversion on and see if that works.  If it doesn't then we can investigate the HDMI issue. But the only thing we can ascertain at the moment is "it doesn't work" - we need to find out exactly what isn't working!

Got it. Thanks alot for your interest & help. I'll post as soon as I can!

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2013, 10:58:15 pm »

Simon,  havie thought thru this as best I could this evening I believe I have something NOT set or INCORRECTLY set in the WD. In still plan on conducting some of the trouble shooting you suggested but thought I would ask you about ant critical settings that need to be made in the WD. I also want to be sure I have the unit settings to accomplish what I'm trying to.

csimon

« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2013, 04:11:18 am »

Nothing needs doing on the WDTV as far as I'm aware, it should work out of the box.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2013, 01:33:58 pm »

Nothing needs doing on the WDTV as far as I'm aware, it should work out of the box.

OK. I had a couple minutes to try something. Only because ot was easier to access the 2 or 3 mp3 files I have I used my Synology iPhone ap to push an mp3 file to the WD. It worked. So did adjusting the volume within the ap to adjust output. What i was puishing to the WD were wav files ripped from regular Cds. Is it not supposed to play wav files?

csimon

« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2013, 02:00:57 pm »

I don't know, I haven't got any WAV files. It may or may not have problems with the fiese you have got, so I would suggest converting to MP3 first of all. If that that works, convert to L16 (which I believe is the same as WAV/PCM) - but there are two types of L16, header and no header, I don't know the difference, but try the other if one doesn't work. If the WDTV can play WAV files directly but it can't play yours then maybe it's something to do with that header.  But you really need to try it out in JRiver, no point in theorising until we know exactly what works and what doesn't.

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:07 pm »

Uh oh...I can't save playlists since updating to JRemote 2.31 and to MC 18.0.175.  Every time I attempt to save a playlist JRemote crashes and closes without warning.  This wasn't happening before I updated the app and MC.

EDIT:  I see MC version 18.0.177 is available.  I'll try that and see if that changes anything.

EDIT:  Same error after updating to MC 18.0.177 and uninstalling/reinstalling JRemote 2.31.  The app crashes when I try to save a playlist.  It also crashes if I try to load a playlist.

akamia

• Recent member
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2013, 03:43:42 am »

Same here ...
Server2016 / OMV3 / JRiver 22 / JRemote / Denon X4000 / Vu+Solo4k / CCU2 / ioBroker / FHEM

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2013, 03:27:13 pm »

Quite embarrassing the crash on playlist save, sorry about that.
I have requested an expedited review for the new version. Hopefully Apple will approve it monday or tuesday.

This version also includes the new audio player for streaming more formats etc.

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2013, 04:32:15 pm »

I have requested an expedited review for the new version. Hopefully Apple will approve it monday or tuesday.

Thanks for the info.  I'm looking forward to the update.  This is a great app!

)p(

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2013, 02:36:32 am »

This has probably been asked before. Any chance we could get scrobbling to last.fm support in jremote. I am using jremote more and more for music playback using AirPlay but I am really issuing my scrobbles.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2013, 02:41:29 am »

When playing on this device (ipad/iph) will it ever be possible to output to appletv via airplay?

I have noticed issues when there are chinese / japanese / korean artist names that the selection via the right side after about letter S results in the beginning of the listing (0-9 or a) being shown. I think this is a bug - doesnt happen all the time however.   

Just enable in MC.

)p(

« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2013, 03:02:07 am »

I have last.fm scrobbling enabled in mc. And it works with mc as a player. It does not scrobble for me when I play on the iPad/iPhone itself or using AirPlay.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:20 am »

I have last.fm scrobbling enabled in mc. And it works with mc as a player. It does not scrobble for me when I play on the iPad/iPhone itself or using AirPlay.

Interesting, good to know.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2013, 03:14:57 am »

The new version is out now. Those that had problems with skipping etc, please test this version.
There has been a change in the settings menu, so make sure you have a look there if you want to stream without transcoding.

pcstockton

« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2013, 09:28:14 am »

Lespaul,

For some reason I cannot get into the transcoding quality menu on iPhone.  It highlights the section but doesn't enter it.  Minor problem, just thought I would report it.  Thanks again for the best app ever!

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

sunfire7

« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2013, 11:57:55 am »

Lespaul,

For some reason I cannot get into the transcoding quality menu on iPhone.  It highlights the section but doesn't enter it.  Minor problem, just thought I would report it.  Thanks again for the best app ever!

-Patrick
Happens to me as well

Lespaul, thanks again for this awesome app.  Do you think you could add an option to enable trascoding only on 3G/outside lan? Also I was wondering if you could add a "keep server awake" option.  Thanks, Lespaul.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2013, 12:49:17 pm »

Latest version stopped playing on my oppo. I was streaming 88khz 24 bit from my library server . Oppo sees and plays using its GUI .

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2013, 01:01:09 pm »

Sorry. Jr was updating as I tried playback.

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »

Save playlist function is working again in 2.35.  Thanks!!!

shAf

« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2013, 04:54:35 am »

I've apparently spoken too soon. Regarding skipping tracks while streaming to "this device", ...
The most recent upgrade does fix the skipping tracks problem (Thank You!!), but then I noticed that "Enable transcoding" was enabled.  This purportedly encodes all tracks to MP3 before streaming.  I turned it off to hear the "as encoded" audio and got the attached error.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2013, 05:55:57 am »

shAf, is it the AAC files that are unable to play?

I tested myself with all formats before release. Could it be a problem with some of your files?

shAf

« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2013, 06:06:18 am »

shAf, is it the AAC files that are unable to play?

I tested myself with all formats before release. Could it be a problem with some of your files?
Anything is possible.  I was trying to stream from MC18 (Win7), they transcode fine, and they also play fine if I use the Synology Player which finds them on my backup NAS.  They are encoded with QAAC v.2, and I was trying to play a 24bit version of "Sweet Baby James", as well as its 16bit version.  Hmmmm(?), I just remembered ... the HD version is HDTrack's own encoding, while the 16bit was encoded as above.  You can contact me at rarewolf[at]gmail[dot]com, and I'll zip the 16bit album and make it available to you via Dropbox.

Thanks for your excellent support  :)

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2013, 07:25:25 am »

Just to be clear where are the files being streamed from and to?

I use jremote to control streaming from jriver media server to my oppo. Do my settings in media  server control what is streamed?

locust

« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2013, 10:05:11 am »

Great the skipping is fixed. I'm seeing the same thing can't change the transcoding settings.

I'm seeing the same things as others have reported.  I have 2 audio views, the default one for me and a custom one for my girlfriend. They both have rules to stop out music appearing in each other's views. The view schemes are exactly the same but on the custom one once you drill down to Album, J remote says at the top Multiple Albums Multiple Artists.

I've checked gizmo and web gizmo & both have this behaviour. It would be nice to be able to assign the music icon and video icon etc to non default views..

Keep up the great work Lespaul, J Remote just keeps getting better & better..

shAf

« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2013, 05:00:20 am »

Just to be clear where are the files being streamed from and to?

All that info, and more, is in previous posts ...

mortenr

« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2013, 10:54:12 am »

Hi

New user, and what a super product.
Using mc 18.0.175 and jremote 2.35

Just one hiccup, when I load pictures to playlist for streaming on my tv everything works fine.
But when i try to stream the playlist to my ipad, the jremote software crash.
Is there anything i am doing wrong?

Best regards
Morten

locust

« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2013, 01:52:48 pm »

Just noticed on the ipad the Meta data & Artist Bio buttons could do with a little moving up. They are overlapping a little with the control bar making them a little difficult to press.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2013, 07:59:52 pm »

Listening to J River at work on wifi - getting an intermittent crash with a pop up.

"no sound
BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN/nhttp://<ip address>/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=7515680&conversion=4&Filetype=key&Playback=2&Token=<more info I think I should maybe private message>"

I can go back to playlist and select another track and it starts playing again.

Could it be a flaky wifi issue?

)p(

« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2013, 08:32:05 am »

One more time last.fm scrobbling ;) I just found out that when playing to an upnp client tracks do get scrobbled to last.fm by mc. I was wondering if playback with jremote on an ipad/iphone jremote could be updated to do it like that also without the need to have this functionality being added to the jremote app itself?

locust

« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2013, 12:23:49 pm »

Got an idea, in the playing now menu where you can change the order of the playlist. I would be nice if when you scroll down past the current track playing now that it would stick to the top (And I suppose when scrolling back up to the beginning of the playlist that it would stick to the bottom), so you can always see it. It would make it much easier to move a track from the bottom (or the top) to play next.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2013, 01:47:07 pm »

Hello Lespaul,

Will you implement the zone link/unlink feature in the next version?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up