INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262079 times)

wizardofoz

• Recent member
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2013, 12:06:23 pm »

Will there ever be a way to change libraries from jremote...i have a number of libraries i keep with different music collections.

rickd

« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2013, 05:21:24 pm »

Hi been using jremote to stream mp4 to my ipad and it works great. When i chose another file type avi or mkv it says not supported. Will setting up transcoding on jriver side under media network resolve this?

Is their a plan to enable other video formats for stream to this device?

Thanks

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2013, 05:25:48 am »

rickd:
Yes, hopefully JRemote will work with transcoded movies soon. Starting a new round of testing soon.

wizardofoz:
Changing library is not currently supported in the SDK, so I don`t know.

nickba:
Yes, I will try to include zone linking in the next version.
I am currently working on the new iPhone interface, it will be quite a major restructure.

larichardson73

• Recent member
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2013, 09:33:45 am »

I just wanted to drop a message here to let the developers know how much I love this application. 

I have been using Media Center for 4-5 years now, and have always loved it.  On my Android phone, I was using Gizmo.  I thought it was great, but was disappointed that I couldn't rate songs and that the navigation wasn't quite as good as it might be.

When T-Mobile started carrying the iPhone, I ultimately decided on it based on the good things I'd heard about JRemote.  It's a darn expensive phone, but, I have to say, it's been worth it. JRemote is absolutely perfect.  I'm an obsessive music collector in heaven.

I ended up upgrading to Media Center 18 from version 16, so that I could use all of the functioning of JRemote.

The navigation is seamless.  I can rate or tag songs, edit playlists, and search through my library with ease.

Best of all (these two things blow me away): I can sit on my back porch, connect to my wi-fi network, and stream FLAC files right to the phone.  Plug my headphones into the phone and I'm listening to lossless music. Second, when I'm riding the bus, I can use JRemote to connect to my Media Network through my cellular data network, have the music transcoded to 128k, and listen to anything in my library.  Is there a need to use iTunes on my iPhone?  Not that I can see.

Kudos to the developers of JRemote, and, of course, to the JRiver team for the great latest version of Media Center.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2013, 09:36:26 am »

[Like] !

pcstockton

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2013, 07:18:21 pm »

I can use JRemote to connect to my Media Network through my cellular data network, have the music transcoded to 128k, and listen to anything in my library.  Is there a need to use iTunes on my iPhone?  Not that I can see.

Nor is there a reason to have more than a few albums (for emergencies, i.e. no 4G) on your iDevices!!! Nice!

I have no problems streaming 320 over 4G/LTE by the way.  You might be able to bump up your quality for remote use.

This app is so good huh?

Cheers!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »

I do have some new issues with the new version. I added the old issues with current status at the bottom to make it easier to follow up.

* B09: Status icon for "Music playing" always visible. When a music is playing, an icon (triangle) is shown in the "status bar", i.e. the top right area of iPhone/iPad, where you see the battery status, Bluetooth, etc. But this icon should only be shown, when music is playing. With JRemote this is not the case. After stopping music, this icon is still shown. (I assume this came with the change to be able to control JRemote from the lock screen.)

* B07c -UPDATE-: The behavior changed. "Playing Now" for "This device" is not cleared anymore after those 10 to 15 minutes (so this is a good thing). But when I try to start playback again I get an error message "BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN" followed by some MCWS URL with GetFile command. I get the same error, when I go back to the main view and want to add the tracks to "Playing Now" again (well, I think it is not the adding itself, but start of playback, which is done automatically after adding). Only after reconnecting (either manually or sometimes it happens automatically) it works again and I can start playback without error (actually I think I do not even have to populate "Playing Now" again, it also works with the old list; but I'm not 100% sure).

Past issues for reference:
Bugs:
-x- B01: No Save/Load Playlist option for the playlist for "This device", only for zones.  ->  DONE
-o- B02:The numbering of the tracks in the slide-in playlist on the main screen is always the album position. I think the slide-in playlist should honor the setting of the Playing Now screen. So whatever numbering mode is activated there should be used on the main screen too.  ->  Open
-x- B03: When changing the numbering mode the currently played song does not change the number.  ->  DONE
-o- B04: When changing a rating it is not shown in the playlist or on the main screen. Only if JRemote is forced to reload the folder/album the changed ratings are shown.  ->  Open
-o- B05: iPad only: When viewing an album of an artist in the main view(!), the title says always "Various, Multiple albums", even if it is a) one artist only, and b) only one album with a single disc.  -> Open
-x- B06: Shuffling issue  -> DONE
--- B07:I think there is a new small issue with the playback zone switching:
--x- a) It seems that playback starts automatically as soon as I switch to This Device.  -> DONE
--?- b) In addition I had it once on the iPhone that I switched from a zone to This Device and it still showed me the title and cover image of the song from the old zone (and this song was not part of the current playlist). So playback started automatically with a U2 song from the local playlist, but the title and cover was from a different song from the old zone.  ->  Unclear
--o- c) Playlist is cleared automatically, as soon as the app is more than approx. 10 min in background. Then the splash screen is shown and when this happens "Playing now" is empty. It has nothing to do with (re)connecting to the server. At least, if I reconnect manually to the server, playing now is not cleared. So must be something else. This only happens for "This Device".
-o- B08: I am not sure if this is a bug, but I changed the tag "Replay Gain" for one song. I could do this with JRemote, although it did not change anything (I thought this would change the playback volume in respect to the other tracks), and despite this field is not editable in JRiver. Is this intended to edit a non-editable field?  -> Depends on API change from MC

Feature Requests:
--- F01: Volume control:
--o- a) adding a plus/minus button to change volume in a controlled way  ->  Depends on room for icons
--o- b) set the maximum volume in the settings so that the volume bar right end represents this max value (useful for people in apartments and for some devices like Denon and Marantz with a non-linear volume).  -> Open
-x- F02: It is good to have volume and seek bar on the main screen now. However, I do not understand, why the layout on the Playing Now screen is different. Why not using the exact same layout for these two sliders and place both of them at the bottom. I think this would be more convenient.  ->  Declined
-o- F03: Gestures: There were suggestions (and some discussions  ) regarding gestures with one and up to three fingers. I just put this here so that you don't forget to implement the gestures in a way you see fit.  -> Open
-o- F04: Tag editing for one album only (also from Cassangelo, 19.04.2013)  -> Depends on API changes
-o- F05: For albums with multiple discs only the track numbers are shown, therefore there are multiple tracks with 1, 2, etc. Maybe you could add the disc number (but only for albums with multiple discs), either as 1.1, A1, etc.  ->  To be decided by Lespaul
-x- F06: On the main screen there is no Stop button, only Pause. It is not very important but I think it would be better to have a Stop here too.  ->  Declined
-x- F07: iPhone only: Change the playback zone on the main screen, not on Playing Now. I know that you plan to solve this with a slide-in menu, so I put this here as a reminder. By the way, I think the Xing app features a very nice slide-in menu. Maybe you want to check this for reference...  ->  Obsolete
-o- F08: List/add/remove playlists of/to/from a track. I think that quite some people here would like to have that feature. I have started a thread to ask the JRiver developers to provide the necessary SDK/API features: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80032.0  ->  Depends on API changes

HiFiTubes

« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2013, 01:30:31 am »

I was told this is too much, at least for now, but I think it would be very useful and an attractive feature, thoughts?

• Have any instance of JRemote appear as an MC zone, thus integrated into the "Treemote" feature of MC.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2013, 05:19:19 am »

Yes, hopefully JRemote will work with transcoded movies soon. Starting a new round of testing soon.

Hi Lespaul - I've been testing various DLNA iStuff players with mixed success for streaming from MC's DLNA Media Server.  One profile that seems to work with mainy iStuff players is the existing "MPEG2/DVD/PAL stream with MPEG2 Audio" profile - more here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80556.0

My question in regards to this is what profile would you prefer for MC to add to enable you to support streaming in your app (eg Container, Video and Audio format)?

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2013, 04:24:33 pm »

I do have some new issues with the new version. I added the old issues with current status at the bottom to make it easier to follow up.

* B07c -UPDATE-: The behavior changed. "Playing Now" for "This device" is not cleared anymore after those 10 to 15 minutes (so this is a good thing). But when I try to start playback again I get an error message "BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN" followed by some MCWS URL with GetFile command. I get the same error, when I go back to the main view and want to add the tracks to "Playing Now" again (well, I think it is not the adding itself, but start of playback, which is done automatically after adding). Only after reconnecting (either manually or sometimes it happens automatically) it works again and I can start playback without error (actually I think I do not even have to populate "Playing Now" again, it also works with the old list; but I'm not 100% sure).

I too have been getting "bass_error_fileopen" errors - i posted about it on page 4 of this thread.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2013, 05:47:24 pm »

I also get the Bass_error_fileOPEN as described in my post here in relation to streaming radio

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80944.0

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2013, 03:26:13 am »

Ok so I'm a n00B here in JRiver-land and a Mac-0-phile to boot…

I just installed JRemote on my iPad and it was wonderful, well until…

I shut stuff down in multiple ways and checked the ability to reconnect…

But when I restarted the Mac itself JRemote said it couldn't find the server.

And one of the Media Network Servers failed to start (my local library server).

So I restarted MC a couple of times, and finally it all hooked up again.

Except that all of the album art went missing in both the apps (MC on my Mac and in JRemote on the iPad)

So I shut down the iPad and restarted the Mac and the album art returned…

Just thought you'd like to hear some anomalous behavior…

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2013, 05:32:04 am »

rickd:
Yes, hopefully JRemote will work with transcoded movies soon. Starting a new round of testing soon.t

That is great news

locust

« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2013, 02:33:30 pm »

don't know if this is possible with the current sdk, but it would be nice if when we long press on a track or album, in the dialogue box that allows you to add a track to the current playlist or add to play next, that there was another option to append to a saved playlist..

sometimes when listening to tracks, I hear one I would like on a specific playlist, currently I would have to load the playlist then add it and save it again. quite a long winded way..

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2013, 03:48:42 am »

Hi - the app is consistently crashing when I try and add a server with both my iPhone 4S & my iPad 1 using MC for Mac (v191)...  

I've tried rebooting both the iOS devices and my macbook, and set up the media server again hoping that it would connect but still the jremote crashes while trying to add the server.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: was crashing with authorization on... turned off and all is well.  Bug?

« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2013, 04:32:39 am »

1. Can you please bring back the stop button on the main screen, instead of burying it in the “Now Playing” section?
I have been trying to use the app again, and it significantly diminishes JRemote’s usefulness for me, as I now have to juggle between now playing, going back home, and entering the remote view.

2. When Volume Control is disabled on the server, would it be possible to have the control disappear, and expand the progress bar?

3. I am unable to bring up the menu for transcoding options, so it’s stuck at 320k MP3.

4. Can we have an option that disables transcoding for formats which support streaming, and transcodes formats that don’t? (E.g. DSD files)

5. Would it be possible to replace the touchpad area with 4-way directional arrows, or perhaps add arrows overlaying the touch area that you can tap/hold?

Trying to navigate Theatre View is pretty hopeless right now. Only constant swipes are reliable, swipe and hold rarely works properly to scroll through a list. Being able to press and hold a button would be a lot easier.

6. Can you add the ability to display the Watched status of files? I have a view with ~150 videos in it that I am gradually working my way through, and I have to keep checking three or four episodes every time before I find which one I was on last.

7. Is it possible to add the ability to resume videos? Some of these are ~90 minutes long, and if I stop playback in the middle of them, I have no way of knowing where I was last. (And I don’t think that is written to the server either?)

8. In this list of videos, there are some episodes which don’t have a title. When there is no name, there’s all no episode number displayed in JRemote.

9. Videos over an hour in length have the seconds value cut off as 01:22:

toddc2

• Recent member
« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2013, 01:33:38 pm »

I am running JRemote from iPad Mini to a PC running JRMC17. Every time I use the app, it ends up locking up my WiFi after I end my listening session. Any idea what is happening?

timequest

• Recent member
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2013, 03:10:41 pm »

I hope I'm in the right thread! 

Is there a way for me to sink JRemote with my customized views in MC?  I want to be able to see file view on my controller the same way I can see it in MC.  I prefer to use my own method for organizing my music (in folders / files).  I see no way to sink JRemote...??

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

_Ben

csimon

« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2013, 03:14:53 pm »

MC has several sets of customisable views for separate purposes.  Remote controls such as JRemote, use the web-services views.  You'll have to go into Media Network/Customise views for Gizmo & WebGizmo and set up your views again there. If you've got them saved in Standard View then you can simply select "Add from Standard View" to copy them across.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2013, 05:14:12 pm »

1. Can you please bring back the stop button on the main screen, instead of burying it in the “Now Playing” section?
I have been trying to use the app again, and it significantly diminishes JRemote’s usefulness for me, as I now have to juggle between now playing, going back home, and entering the remote view.
1+!

Please bring this button back!

regards Erwin

HiFiTubes

« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2013, 02:36:41 pm »

Streaming with conversion disabled seems to ignore the native sample rate. I just see 44kHz on my DAC, regardless of the sample rate.

csimon

« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »

There is already an option to "Switch zone on server as well as device", but could we also have a facility to "Switch zone on device when server zone changes"?

This is because of the Zoneswitch facility in MC where you can define rules to automatically switch the zone when a file meets certain criteria.  If you select a file on JRemote which causes a zone switch, JRemote remains in the old zone and you cannot control the file you have just selected. You have to know which zone the track you have selected is playing in and then switch manually in order to use PlayingNow. I assume this will also happen if you've set up a playlist on JRemote with a mixture of files that will continually cause zone changes.

PSS2P

« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2013, 02:29:22 pm »

Having just started on JRemote I have two issues I need to resolve

(1) how can I remove / delete tracks from the player queue? I cannot find any delete button and neither swiping or clicking seems to do anything. Whatever I put there stays there until I remove it in MC.

(2) when I open a TV show series from the video view the sort order is all screwed up. It is fine when I look at it under disk or in theater mode. Is there a hidden feature somewhere that sets the sort order in video view

csimon

« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2013, 02:34:13 pm »

(1) how can I remove / delete tracks from the player queue? I cannot find any delete button and neither swiping or clicking seems to do anything. Whatever I put there stays there until I remove it in MC.

There is an Edit button on the playlist screen and when you press it I think a delete symbol appears against each item (a minus sign).

(2) when I open a TV show series from the video view the sort order is all screwed up. It is fine when I look at it under disk or in theater mode. Is there a hidden feature somewhere that sets the sort order in video view

The views that JRemote uses are the ones exposed by MC's Web services protocol, i.e. the same views as used for Gizmo/Webgizmo, so you need to go into Tools/Options/Media Network/Avanced/Customise Views for Gizmo to set up the views as you want them. There are default views there out of the box so those are probably what you have been seeing. If you have suitable views already set up in MC's front-end then you can copy them into Gizmo views with "Add from Standard View".

bigjohnx

• Recent member
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2013, 04:24:31 am »

Hi I would like to know does JRemote support browse folder/file mode just like MC "Files"?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2013, 07:18:36 am »

There are quite a few people asking about how to add the "File" browsing view in JRemote.
This is the procedure to do so:

1. Go to Tools > Options > Media Network.
2. Open the advanced section.
3. Select "Customize views for gizmo & Webgizmo..."
4. Make sure "Audio" is selected in the left side list.
5. Click "Add..." button.
6. Select "Library item from standard view".
7. Select "Audio\Files".
8. Click "OK" and close the option windows.
9. Done, but you may need to close and reopen JRiver.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2013, 07:23:03 am »

Streaming with conversion disabled seems to ignore the native sample rate. I just see 44kHz on my DAC, regardless of the sample rate.

This is one of the things I have to look at regarding the new streaming code. Another thing is gapless playback.

bigjohnx

• Recent member
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2013, 07:51:49 am »

There are quite a few people asking about how to add the "File" browsing view in JRemote.
This is the procedure to do so:

1. Go to Tools > Options > Media Network.
2. Open the advanced section.
3. Select "Customize views for gizmo & Webgizmo..."
4. Make sure "Audio" is selected in the left side list.
5. Click "Add..." button.
6. Select "Library item from standard view".
7. Select "Audio\Files".
8. Click "OK" and close the option windows.
9. Done, but you may need to close and reopen JRiver.

Yo! Very nice reply. Let me buy jremote and try tonight. Many thanks.

realmassy

• Recent member
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2013, 03:24:59 am »

Hi,
I'm using JRemote/JRiver with my windows PC connected to a external DAC through USB. So far so good, I love JRemote and the way I can browse my music library.

Now I'm thinking of getting a Linn DS and using JRiver/JRemote to control it. Can someone tell me if that would work? I've read of people using this combination without any problems, other people are saying I need a plugin called Catwalk, other report problem with gapless. I love JRemote so much I'd never get the DS knowing I couldn't use JRemote :-)
Thanks in advance.

csimon

« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2013, 03:31:59 am »

If it'll work with JRiver then it'll work with JRemote. You might be better asking the question in the main MC18 forum or the Media Network forum.

realmassy

• Recent member
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2013, 04:07:03 am »

Thanks csimon, I'll do

sunfire7

« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2013, 11:37:37 am »

This is one of the things I have to look at regarding the new streaming code. Another thing is gapless playback.
Gapless playback please!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2013, 10:14:39 am »

I hope someone can help me here...

I'm getting a "BASS_ERROR_TIMEOUT" message with JRemote every time tracks change on an album when streamed to an iOS device. So I can't play more than one song with JRemote. This is new to the latest driver... it used to work just fine.

When I just use JRemote to manage the server directly, playback is fine.

I have a library of FLAC files. I have MC set to no transcoding, and JRemote set the same way. Sound is great; it's not a network issue that I can see (or hear).

FWIW, I regularly stream video from the same server; it's fast, the network is fast, and even high-bitstream flacs play flawlessly through JRemote to an iOS device--one at a time! So I'm ecstatic that JRemote can play these files on an iOS device (thanks!). But I have to be able to play more than one song without manually selecting the next one :)

When I switch to MP3 transcoding, I get the same error on the iOS device.  FWIW, MC streams fine to other DLNA clients (like a Sony Media player, with MP3 playback).

Latest JRemote drivers on an iPhone 4s and iPad v3, with latest iOS on both.

MC is Windows v18.0.194

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2013, 01:28:53 pm »

I'm getting a "BASS_ERROR_TIMEOUT" message with JRemote every time tracks change on an album when streamed to an iOS device. So I can't play more than one song with JRemote. This is new to the latest driver... it used to work just fine.

I saw this too, but only when my HD was spun down.  Once it spun up, I haven't seen the error.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2013, 09:58:05 pm »

I saw this too, but only when my HD was spun down.  Once it spun up, I haven't seen the error.

That makes sens.

But the funny thing with the timeout error on the second song in a playlist or album is that the hard drive *can't* be spun down, can it? It's true I'm using USB3 drives, that do go into this weird power saving mode if they're idle. But as I said, I have no trouble streaming music libraries (through JRiver), or videos, or MP3s to a Sony media player, or anything else from them... except JRemote to an iOS device.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2013, 01:49:28 pm »

Have been getting he same BASS_ERROR_TIMEOUT issues too - I posted about it a page or so back.

Only started happening with latest build.

Denti

« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2013, 09:05:19 pm »

What are the chances of having other metadata available to edit through the remote. In particular, I would love to be able to add my own, to switch out "Filename," for instance, with something else. I have a special Ratings field that I use with decimal ratings that I would love to be able to remotely fill.

MrC

« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2013, 09:10:26 pm »

There might be one way you could manage this now, but it isn't the most elegant way.

JRemote will show you fields that have values.  If you assign your decimal My Ratings field to a -1 value, then JRemote will show it and you can edit.  Assume -1 means Unrated (and from our offline conversations, you would change your special view to test -1 instead of emptiness).

You could use MC's auto-import rules to always assign -1 to My Ratings (only when it is empty), so there's no work or remembering to initialize the value (except in certain cases like Scheduler or Podcasts).

But better would be if JRemote supported an Always Show for designated fields.

Denti

« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2013, 09:28:11 pm »

Oh, that's brilliant!!

Thanks.

vagskal

« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2013, 02:55:14 am »

Or you could just open for edit any tag field that shows up in JRemote, change the tag name to whatever field you want to add/edit and add the tag value.

paul1970

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Fractious Ingrate
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2013, 03:13:38 am »

I think JRemote is great. Just to reiterate what I said in my five-star review:
Would love to have gapless playback. Would pay more for DSP!
Heaven: The nicest speakers I can afford (set up with attention paid to room interactions) and an amp that can power them adequately. Plus any old competently designed cables, DAC and a bit-perfect source

sunfire7

« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2013, 04:33:20 pm »

Lespaul:
Have you considered adding WOL over Wan in addition to normal WOL? Would be very cool to be able to wake up your server when you're on 3G or on some foreign wifi... You could only send the magic pack over wan, assuming the user have it's router configured to wol over wan (helps with the power bill  ;D)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

Denti

« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2013, 06:10:27 pm »

Couple things:

1) the alphabet on the right side definitely does not work to jump to that part of the catalog. A bug?

2) I can't get a newly generated field with an expression to appear in the metadata. Why would this be so?

vagskal

« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2013, 12:41:49 am »

2) I can't get a newly generated field with an expression to appear in the metadata. Why would this be so?

You must restart MC completely (do not forget to kill the media server which resides in the Windows tray) for changes to the media server ui to take effect on JRemote.

Denti

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2013, 07:59:11 am »

You must restart MC completely (do not forget to kill the media server which resides in the Windows tray) for changes to the media server ui to take effect on JRemote.
This still does not work for me. Are you able to get user creates fields with expression data to appear? I can get user created fields with user data to appear, but not ones with expression data.

vagskal

« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2013, 02:01:38 pm »

This still does not work for me. Are you able to get user creates fields with expression data to appear? I can get user created fields with user data to appear, but not ones with expression data.

Expression fields appear just fine for me.

Or are you looking for them in the JRemote edit tags area? They will not appear there (and they cannot be edited using JRemote).

MrC

« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »

Denti wants wants to be able to quickly enter a decimal number in one user field via JRemote, and be able to see the results of a calculated field which is based on that decimal field.

Ideally, one could specify an Always Show edit field (like Denti's _Rating (track) field), so that one could quickly enter a value for various tracks.

MrC

« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2013, 02:37:34 pm »

Where do you get to these?  I don't see any under the list of tags (by pressing the tag icon).

Denti

« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2013, 02:38:13 pm »

Or are you looking for them in the JRemote edit tags area? They will not appear there (and they cannot be edited using JRemote).

I don't want to be able to change the data, obviously, since it's an expression field. But yeah, I don't see any expression fields I create in the metadata. And yes, I'm looking under Search, not Edit. Where else can I look?

Denti

« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2013, 03:21:24 pm »

Another issue I have is with the text that displays below thumbnails of album art, as in:

Here I am unable to distinguish between my three versions of Trout Mask Replica or my two versions of the VU's third album. The data included in the title (eg 2013 remaster, 24/96 vinyl rip, etc.) is cut off, because there's only so much space given to the text. Can this be changed somehow, say by allowing two lines for text?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up