INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262151 times)

jron

• Recent member
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 06:17:53 pm »

Yes, it does all that perfectly. Your setting is the comfort zone of MC and JRemote as I see it.

However, regarding removing tracks from the playing now "easily" you have to ask toomanybarts... Strike! ;D
(@jron: ignore that, it's just an insider joke)
Awesome thanks :)

Philthy

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2013, 12:42:00 pm »

Great app. Picked up the OSX JRiver MC the other day, picked up JRemote the next.

Works amazing, especially how quick it is.

M2P

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2013, 10:53:36 pm »

A couple of quick questions. I have been running this app since late last year. Is it worth updating to the latest version and does it cost?
Secondly, when new music is uploaded to the server, jremote doesn't show these albums. Is there a setting I've not enabled or something else I've overlooked or got wrong?

Thanks in advance

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2013, 08:21:13 am »

Hi,
Brilliant app! Really very good. Though I do have one problem;
If I leave the JRemote app without using it for a while so the iPad3 goes to 'sleep', i.e is locked. When i return to the app, it either takes a very long time to become responsive, or it goes into a reconnecting state. It's very annoying as usually I have to wait at least 20secs for the app to respond again which sucks if I just want to skip the track etc... Is there a solution to this issue; perhaps a MC/windows setting or something? I'm using MC18.0.129 and Win7x86SP1.

Thanks!

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2013, 09:31:54 am »

Hi,
If I leave the JRemote app without using it for a while so the iPad3 goes to 'sleep', i.e is locked. When i return to the app, it either takes a very long time to become responsive, or it goes into a reconnecting state. It's very annoying as usually I have to wait at least 20secs for the app to respond again which sucks if I just want to skip the track etc... Is there a solution to this issue; perhaps a MC/windows setting or something? I'm using MC18.0.129 and Win7x86SP1.

Thanks!

Just enable the setting in JRemote to prevent the screen from dimming.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »

Hello,

i wakeup my audio PC with JRemote via WOL. Mediacenter (the PC) needs about 10-12 seconds to be online.

The problem is, that JRemote allways get's into a timeout although the PC and JRiver is already online for for some time past.
Every time then i have to hit the reconnect to server. immediately JRemote is connected.
Is it possible to improve this behavior?

Perhaps to set a shorter timeout at the beginning and after that a second or a third automatik retry to connect to Mediacenter. Perhaps it shoud be configurable in the settingsdialog.

regards faster

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2013, 07:20:08 pm »

Hi,

Thanks!

Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you (and I am not sure if turn-off sleep is a good one). I just can tell you that this is not normal. The reconnecting yes, but the time span is way too long. It takes about 3-4 sec in most cases. So I guess there is something in your set-up, which causes this. Do you also experience slow response in other apps? Maybe the WLAN is not working good (many other WLANs around?). Or the PC where JRiver is running on is slow/too busy. if you control JRiver directly on your PC does it also take longer to change a track or jump to a certain position?

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2013, 07:27:01 pm »

A couple of quick questions. I have been running this app since late last year. Is it worth updating to the latest version and does it cost?
Secondly, when new music is uploaded to the server, jremote doesn't show these albums. Is there a setting I've not enabled or something else I've overlooked or got wrong?

Thanks in advance

Please keep in mind, that JRemote is a 'Remote' app, so what JRiver does not have JRemote does not provide. First you should check if everything is OK within JRiver, i.e. are those albums present there?

If you are sure the issue is with JRemote, then you need to know, that JRemote does not update the current browse list automatically. Try to switch to another folder and then go back where you would expect the albums to appear. If they still do not show up, then try a reconnect: Go to settings and click on the server to connect again. I am very sure that you will see the albums after that (but - of course - only if they are present in JRiver).

pcstockton

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2013, 08:07:43 pm »

it the server is running when you add new music, in my experience you need to restart the server to have it show up in JRemote.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 03:20:40 am »

it the server is running when you add new music, in my experience you need to restart the server to have it show up in JRemote.

-Patrick

No, you don't. You just need to force JRemote to reload the contents of a folder, either by changing the folder or by reconnecting to the server.
(Note: restarting the server also works, because this forces JRemote to reconnect automatically.)

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2013, 06:01:36 am »

Unfortunately I do not have a solution for you (and I am not sure if turn-off sleep is a good one). I just can tell you that this is not normal. The reconnecting yes, but the time span is way too long. It takes about 3-4 sec in most cases. So I guess there is something in your set-up, which causes this. Do you also experience slow response in other apps? Maybe the WLAN is not working good (many other WLANs around?). Or the PC where JRiver is running on is slow/too busy. if you control JRiver directly on your PC does it also take longer to change a track or jump to a certain position?

Well I tried the setting to prevent the iPad locking while JRemote is running. This fixes the issue, however not a great fix for my battery life as you can imagine! I'll try resetting the iPad network settings in case that has something to do with it; but web browsing etc from the iPad works just fine after unlocking. The JRiver is fairly slow machine, it's a 2006 Mac Mini (running windows) but it's only job literally is to run JRiver. There is nothing else running on it at all! All the other machines in the house are wired; it's only a couple of phones and an iPad that use it. It's a shame as the problem didnt exist when I first used JRemote. Kind of odd... but searching around there are other people having the same issue I think.

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 06:05:57 pm »

Well I tried the setting to prevent the iPad locking while JRemote is running. This fixes the issue, however not a great fix for my battery life as you can imagine! I'll try resetting the iPad network settings in case that has something to do with it; but web browsing etc from the iPad works just fine after unlocking. The JRiver is fairly slow machine, it's a 2006 Mac Mini (running windows) but it's only job literally is to run JRiver. There is nothing else running on it at all! All the other machines in the house are wired; it's only a couple of phones and an iPad that use it. It's a shame as the problem didnt exist when I first used JRemote. Kind of odd... but searching around there are other people having the same issue I think.

I only can give you some recommendations:
* First upgrade to the newest build of JRiver (currently 158, see thread). Since these are unofficial versions, there is a small risk involved, so you have to decide. But in most cases the number of fixes outweigh the number of new bugs... (just a joke) ;)
* I think you will get more response from the developers (of either app) if you can narrow down the cause somewhat more. Most importantly, can you rule out JRiver as the cause? If you say that there are others with the same problem maybe you can find out, if there is something in common, e.g. with which version of JRemote (or JRiver) did the problem start.

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 09:09:58 am »

Would allowing the app to stay running in the background solve this issue completely?
http://blog.dkaminsky.info/2013/01/27/keep-your-ios-app-running-in-background-forever/

shAf

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »

How do I troubleshoot, least wise provide more information regarding the MC18 (windows 7) server quitting while JRemote steams music to my iPhone?  That is, I imagine the problem could either be with the MC media server or with JRemote(?)

Usually, and somewhat consistently, a track will finish and the next not start. I'll not be able to do anything with JR to change the situation, and if I restart JR the media server no longer responds(?)

:(
EDIT:  This is the morning after, and I just checked the MC's media server.  Its last post was 1030pm, which is when it went dead on me with JR.  I stopped and restarted the server ... no response from JR.  I stopped/restarted MC18 ... no response from JR.  It wasn't until I rebooted my computer that JR finally responded.

One caveat that only the people at JRemote and JRiver know the answer for.  When I did reboot, Windows 7 asked me to ensure MC18 was allowed to make changes to the computer.  Apparently MC18, build 156 had been updated to build 158 during a previous restart of MC.  I have no idea if this would have had a bearing on JR working properly with MC(?)

Edit2:  Well ... it cannot be the media server's version ... JR quit on me again last night ... only 2 songs into my selection (an album).  Please advise as to what info you need for troubleshooting this behaviour ... I'd really rather be using JRemote!

Thank you for your excellent support!  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

uncola

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2013, 11:54:17 pm »

This app is awesome.  So glad I chose it instead of monkeymote.  It's pretty much perfect.

locust

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2013, 06:19:30 pm »

Hey Lespaul is it possible for you to replace the ipad task bar music controls with J Remote controls? Or stop the controls from controlling apples app and control j remote? It would be handy when using other apps if you want to turn the volume up or change track, a quick swipe up, change track and then straight back to the app I was using without having to fully open j remote..

I hope this is possible but I suspect that apple have locked all developers out of this to force people to use their app instead..

Any info on when the next update will be out? Heart sinks everything I see a new update and it's not j remote, party because the apple store is so slow sometimes..

Thanks

shAf

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2013, 09:48:46 am »

... in the next version both the volume and progress sliders are visible in the bottom bar. ...

Hmmm(?!) ... Lespaul hasn't checked on this JRemote support thread for a month(?)  I hope it's nothing serious!

Any problems regarding support are understandable ... care to give us a status report(?)

TIA  :)

cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013, 02:07:54 pm »

I can't figure out how to create playlists in JRemote.  Can it be done with the current version or do I need to wait for an update?

vagskal

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 12:51:26 am »

Thanks for the new version!

A couple of things I noted.

The handling of long titles that has to be wrapped and the list, list with thumbs and just thumbs buttons has improved. There is just one issue left: In landscape mode enter an album with a name that has to be wrapped into two lines. The buttons are shown. Switch to portrait mode and the buttons are gone (but if you enter the same album in portrait mode the buttons are there).

The new edit tag field function says that the JRemote field Released is the MC Date field. It is actually the MC Year field. The Date field, with the full release date (1999-03-08 instead of just the year displayed by the JRemote field), is unfortunately nowhere to be found in JRemote.

The metadata search function:
a) Searching a field with a ; separated list of items (A; B; C) yields no results. Perhaps JRemote could act as MC and in this case search only on the first, primary, item (if it is not possible to search for the entire list).
b) Searching by the album artist field on the album artist "Sara Isaksson & Rebecka Törnqvist" yields also the album artists "Sara Isaksson & Anders Widmark" and "Sara Isaksson". I do not know if this is the intended behaviour.

rjm

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2013, 01:34:31 am »

Really enjoying this app! Thanks.

I've reported this in the past.

MC fields have a "Name" that can be assigned a different "Display" name. This is a very nice feature that allows one to polish views without having to delete and create fields to change its displayed name.

JRemote shows "Name" rather than "Display". I think it should show "Display" to be consistent with how MC behaves.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 04:21:17 am »

Hi Guys, sorry about not being here for a while. I will try to check in more often.
The new version is out, please report any bugs.

Chauncey:
You can save playlists in the new version

vagskal:
Thank you for the feedback, I will take a look at these issues.
I don`t quite understand this though:

In landscape mode enter an album with a name that has to be wrapped into two lines. The buttons are shown. Switch to portrait mode and the buttons are gone (but if you enter the same album in portrait mode the buttons are there).

shAf:
Please send me a mail about your current situation. I have been really busy lately, so have been slow with support.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 05:37:30 am »

Hi Guys, sorry about not being here for a while. I will try to check in more often.
The new version is out, please report any bugs.

Chauncey:

vagskal:
Thank you for the feedback, I will take a look at these issues.
I don`t quite understand this though:

In landscape mode enter an album with a name that has to be wrapped into two lines. The buttons are shown. Switch to portrait mode and the buttons are gone (but if you enter the same album in portrait mode the buttons are there).

shAf:
Please send me a mail about your current situation. I have been really busy lately, so have been slow with support.

Hello Lespaul, could you please add an option to link/unlink zones in JRemote? Now JRiver supports this feature. It could be a simple check box next to zones we want to link/unlink.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2013, 06:47:44 am »

nickba, I Just noticed a few days ago that the API now supports linking and unlinking zones.
A problem with the current implementation is that there is no way to get the current link configuration.
This means that you would be linking and unlinking zones blindly. After a short while you would have no idea which zones are linked or not.

Anyway, I will add the possibility to link and unlink, probably with a drag and drop interface.

_noel_

• Recent member
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 09:48:43 am »

:) :D :D :D :D :D  ;D

One question: Is there a way to get more than one line of text below an album thumb ?

for Example:
  1st line: Album Artist
  2nd line: Album
  2rd line: Bitrate

Regards
Eberhard

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 09:50:54 am »

nickba, I Just noticed a few days ago that the API now supports linking and unlinking zones.
A problem with the current implementation is that there is no way to get the current link configuration.
This means that you would be linking and unlinking zones blindly. After a short while you would have no idea which zones are linked or not.

Anyway, I will add the possibility to link and unlink, probably with a drag and drop interface.

Thanks for replying.
I see. I just posted a support topic asking JRiver team to add the zone link/unlink status to the SDK/API.
You can post some requests/comments there:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79969.0

EDIT: Lespaul, Matt replied above topic!! Here is the answer:

In a coming build:
SDK: Added ZoneID, ZoneName, and LinkedZones to MCWS/v1/Playback/Info response.

Also, to make sure you know, MCWS/v1/Playback/LinkZones and MCWS/v1/Playback/UnlinkZones were added recently.

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2013, 12:29:53 pm »

Chauncey:

Outstanding!  I can't wait to try this out.  This was one of the reasons I am switching from iTunes; iTunes 11 and their latest remote app were horrible.

I downloaded the JRemote update.  I don't know if this means anything or not, but the App Store says it's version 2.30.  The updated app says it's version 2.27. 

vagskal

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2013, 01:01:17 pm »

What I mean is that the line wrapping/showing of the top right buttons does not really work in portrait mode when you turn your iPad from landscape to portrait mode in a file list view (but it works if you are in portrait mode when you enter the file list view). Hopefully the attached screenshots can clarify (I was in the landscape mode shown in the first image and then turned the iPad to portrait mode with the result shown in the second image).

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2013, 01:14:36 pm »

Ratings Not Working
Ť Reply #944 on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:28 am ť

I'm using iPod Touch, model MC540C, firmware version 6.0.1 (10A523) with latest JRemote. For some reason adding ratings does not work. I have show ratings enabled. I can see ratings of previously rated tracks. I can access the add rating feature and it appears to let me add a rating.

The problem is the ratings are not being applied. Once the track finishes playing and next track starts, checking in playlist shows no rating. Checking JRiver itself also shows no rating being applied. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling JRemote, no change. I have all my sync settings to server setup correctly. I had been thinking this was a problem with some settings in J River so I tried My River and ratings work correctly. Based on all this I can only assume this is a problem with J Remote.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

I posted this in the original JRemote thread but received no response. I was hoping the next release would resolve this issue but after upgrading to new version today, I see the same issue. Ratings still not updating. As a workaround since this has been going on, when viewing the current playlist, if I repeatedly click on delete for any song (in edit mode), JRemote will eventually lock up and exit. When I restart JRemote, any new ratings or rating changes applied to the current playlist prior to the lockup will now be showing.

Philthy

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2013, 02:06:06 pm »

Is there a way to modify the current playlist in portrait mode? I keep having to turn my ipad into landscape mode to see all the options. Kind of annoying as I rarely use landscape mode and my ipad cover flops around everywhere.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »

I love this ap & am pleased to see updates. However, one issue I am experiencing that i did not have before the update is shuffling. I prefer to listen to each album in the sequence it was intended, in most cases. The shuffling function is actually quite nice but I'd prefer that it perform after a manual setting. I cannot figure out how to turn it off. I have selected off in one of the ap areas but it continues to play this way. Am I missing something?

realmassy

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2013, 04:42:53 pm »

The new version is lovely!
Really love the metadata editor, a perfect companion for my classical music listenings.
Is there a way to add a new field in the editor, providing it is supported by the server?

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2013, 10:31:43 pm »

Outstanding!  I can't wait to try this out.  This was one of the reasons I am switching from iTunes; iTunes 11 and their latest remote app were horrible.

I downloaded the JRemote update.  I don't know if this means anything or not, but the App Store says it's version 2.30.  The updated app says it's version 2.27. 

I tried creating a playlist and it didn't work out very well.  I changed the action button to "add to playlist" and started picking songs.  But every time I picked a song it would start playing immediately; as if the action button was set to "play now".  The best I could do was to play a song, change the action button to "play next" to queue songs and then edit the now playing list.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2013, 02:56:35 am »

The new version is lovely!
Really love the metadata editor, a perfect companion for my classical music listenings.
Is there a way to add a new field in the editor, providing it is supported by the server?

You should be able to add a new field by changing the "Tag Name" value. I have had some mixed experience with this, but please try it out.

I love this ap & am pleased to see updates. However, one issue I am experiencing that i did not have before the update is shuffling. I prefer to listen to each album in the sequence it was intended, in most cases. The shuffling function is actually quite nice but I'd prefer that it perform after a manual setting. I cannot figure out how to turn it off. I have selected off in one of the ap areas but it continues to play this way. Am I missing something?

I am looking into this issue. Seems like some actions are shuffled and other not. Will get back to you on this.

I posted this in the original JRemote thread but received no response. I was hoping the next release would resolve this issue but after upgrading to new version today, I see the same issue. Ratings still not updating. As a workaround since this has been going on, when viewing the current playlist, if I repeatedly click on delete for any song (in edit mode), JRemote will eventually lock up and exit. When I restart JRemote, any new ratings or rating changes applied to the current playlist prior to the lockup will now be showing.

lasker98, do you have authentication enabled inside MC? JRemote should give you a warning if you don`t have it, but please check.
Authentication is required for saving metadata.

Is there a way to modify the current playlist in portrait mode? I keep having to turn my ipad into landscape mode to see all the options. Kind of annoying as I rarely use landscape mode and my ipad cover flops around everywhere.

I am adding the same functionality to portrait soon. I know many people are using portrait only.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2013, 03:19:19 am »

I tried creating a playlist and it didn't work out very well.  I changed the action button to "add to playlist" and started picking songs.  But every time I picked a song it would start playing immediately; as if the action button was set to "play now".  The best I could do was to play a song, change the action button to "play next" to queue songs and then edit the now playing list.

I will look into this later today.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2013, 03:20:06 am »

Vagskal, I see what you are talking about now. Sorry about that, will fix soon.

_noel_

• Recent member
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2013, 04:26:09 am »

Hello Lespaul,

One question: Is there a way to get more than one line of text below an album thumb ?

for Example:
  1st line: Album Artist
  2nd line: Album
  2rd line: Bitrate

Regards
Eberhard

PS: the playlist feature is brilliant!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2013, 05:01:12 am »

_noel_, are you talking about the "now playing" list?

_noel_

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2013, 05:12:16 am »

No, not the now playing list.
I'm talking about the "main" screen, where you can see the album thumbnails and you select e.g. a album for the playlist.
Here there is only one line of text below the album thumbs, I think it would be nice to have 2 or 3 lines of text, like in my example.
I've tried to configure JR this way, but never got it to see a line break below the thumbs in the text, only one line of text.

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2013, 07:21:51 am »

Quote from: lasker98 on Yesterday at 02:14:36 pm

lasker98, do you have authentication enabled inside MC? JRemote should give you a warning if you don`t have it, but please check.
Authentication is required for saving metadata.

Yes, authentication is enabled.

realmassy

• Recent member
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »

You should be able to add a new field by changing the "Tag Name" value. I have had some mixed experience with this, but please try it out.

Thanks Lespaul, I've tried and did work! Cool! I can now add my notes while listening -)
A small glitch: it looks like the tag value is truncated if it contains the character '&'. Something like 'Trio sonata for 2 violins & continuo' is truncated to 'Trio sonata for 2 violins '. I guess the '&' need to be escaped somehow.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2013, 06:57:57 pm »

Shuffle is a big bummer right now. Everything i play gets shuffled no matter what I do. Can't turn it off. Never happened before update. LesPaul said he will look into it. Can't wait!

I am only 3 weeks new with this ap but it's by far the best audio ap I have used. And I'm just beginning to understand all of the flexibility with JRiver & JRemote. I need to find an easy collection of detailed explanations of what it will do & how to do it. While i get around quite well I am not an advanced user....need specific direction in many cases.

cgf

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:44 pm »

[/quote]

The same also for me. I also delete the application and reinstall it but still the version is 2.27. The most important is that he new feature of load and save playlist are not in the menu

InfernoSTi

• Recent member
  • Hawthorne Audio Reference Speakers
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »

I have the exact issue.  The Artist/Album screen is defaulted to "Play all tracks shuffled" and no matter what you do, it always comes out shuffled on the playlist.  This is new and wasn't the case in prior versions.  Here is a screen shot of the issue (see upper mid-screen on the left).

Best,
John

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2013, 02:44:47 am »

2.27 is the last version, I just forgot to update the text in the app. Not the first time.
If you can`t see the save/load playlist additions it probably means that you are not running MC18.

Regarding the shuffle issue. I am still trying to figure it out. To those having the problem:
- Is this happening with all albums
- Are you running Mac or Windows version
- Are you using iPhone or iPad

When testing yesterday I could not reproduce it, but I have seen it happening before. I figured it was just a bug in the Mac version that I was testing at the time.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2013, 05:49:16 am »

Lespaul,

Just in case you didn't see my last post:

So now you can have a feedback from JRiver regarding linked zones.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2013, 06:50:32 am »

2.27 is the last version, I just forgot to update the text in the app. Not the first time.
If you can`t see the save/load playlist additions it probably means that you are not running MC18.

Regarding the shuffle issue. I am still trying to figure it out. To those having the problem:

When testing yesterday I could not reproduce it, but I have seen it happening before. I figured it was just a bug in the Mac version that I was testing at the time.

Hi Lespaul.

I'm using an iPhone 5 with MC 18 on a capsv3 Zuma server running windows 8..

It happens on every album all the time. Hope that helps.

InfernoSTi

• Recent member
  • Hawthorne Audio Reference Speakers
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:24 am »

1. All albums.
2. Mac OSX 10.8.3 and JRiver Alpha Build 169 (current as of today).
3. iPhone app.

Thanks!
John

locust

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2013, 07:43:38 am »

Liking the new j remote volume/seek bars are great..

One thing I'd like to see is when the file type is video that j remote would show descriptions etc. no rush though would rather see the transcoding on the fly dealt with first. Is it still a long way off? I'm using air video server now. It's ok, works great but I don't use it that much as navigation is a complete pain.

Editing tags is great. One option that could be handy, when you have lots of tracks in a playlist that are not of the same album artist/album, an option to update all tags only if those fields are the same.

Am I right in thinking that the local search doesn't search the tags? Just the outputted thumbnail text. Is that for speed? Perhaps if we press return after the search term it could change to a global search.

+1 for the ability to get the thumbnail text to output on mote then 1 line.

Looking forward to the sorting of views if that is in the next release..

Great work..

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2013, 07:48:47 am »

Lespaul,

Just in case you didn't see my last post:

So now you can have a feedback from JRiver regarding linked zones.

Ah, I overlooked your post. That`s great news. I`ll wait for these changes before I implement the zone linking features.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2013, 09:00:39 am »

Ah, I overlooked your post. That`s great news. I`ll wait for these changes before I implement the zone linking features.

The version 18.0.170 available to download already have these features!!! Thank you for looking into this!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up