INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Security Certificate problem on attempting to purchase Media Center 18  (Read 823 times)

dks70

Background: I recently installed MC 18 Trial Version on my Windows XP machine, and things worked fine. However,when just before expiration, attempts to purchase, either by clicking "Buy" button on opening dialog or going through Help on the program main screen, resulted in an SSL Error message: "site's security certificate is not trusted" in both IE and Chrome browsers. URL address is "https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi?productid=50&upgradefrom="

I get the same behavior when attempting to Restore.  Also, now that the trial version has expired, I have tried to extend the trial period via the "Extend Trial" button, and I get a failure after entering email address: "There was a problem requesting a trial extension."

Any suggestions? Should I/can I uninstall the program and try again?  Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks for thinking of purchasing.

We have not heard of problems with our certificate on rover.jriver.com before and a lot of people purchase every day.  You might have over-active security software installed.

In any event, the website is perfectly safe.  Just continue and use it as normal.

Thanks again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Your system date/ time being wrong is a prime culprit for this sort of SSL error. I'd check this as a first port of call :)

(The certificate shows as being fine here)

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up