INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using external Drive  (Read 730 times)

t274

Using external Drive
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:13:52 am »

I have initiated several searches  on this specific topic, but have not been able to find an answer that provies any detail respose to my question.  (it may be that I am not posing the search criteria in the proper form, or ??)

Am interested in the restrictions that might be in place ( if any) , should I wish to use an external hard drive that would contain both the J media software as well as the data files.  Is such a structure prohibited??  Is the software specific to the computer??  if so, could the data files still be placed on the external drive?? If no restrictions are in place, how would I go about establishing the software and files on the external drive?? Please advise.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Using external Drive
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:05:56 pm »

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

ginty32

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I guess after 8 years I could type something.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »

I use an external drive for my music and I use Dropbox as my library location.  This is the best way I found to keep my work MC and home MC synced.  Not sure that is what you want, but thought I'd share if it was.

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 02:45:06 pm »

I've never used the "local" drive for media storage, always a NAS or USB attached drive(s)

As far as "data" files...I assume you are referring to the Library?  I've always kept these on the local drive (the one with the MC app installed)
MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7
Pages: [1]   Go Up