INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to JRiver, few questions  (Read 1765 times)

AsSiMiLaTeD

• Recent member
New to JRiver, few questions
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:42:48 am »

First let me say, after over a year of dealing with Amarra frustrations, I'm loving JRiver!  Even in Alpha stage it's working better for me than anything else I've tried.  Since I'm new to it, I do have a couple quick questions someone may be able to help with:

1 - Other than selecting my DAC in the output mode settings, checking the play files from memory box, and setting playback to gapless is there anything else I need to change to get the best sound?
2 - While not a deal breaker, the lack of keyboard support is a bummer (meaning the multimedia keys on the apple keyboard).  Are there plans to provide that, or is it there somewhere and I'm missing it?
3 - I still need to play around with the view settings, but is there a way to get JRiver to look like iTunes with the artists (with their artwork) down the side of the screen instead of rows across the top?  I downloaded the JRemote app and it's superb, and has the view I want as well, basically I want the JRiver interface to mimic the ImageList view mode in JREmote.

TIA for any help, and thanks JRiver for the great software!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: New to JRiver, few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:55:06 pm »

Welcome.

2 - While not a deal breaker, the lack of keyboard support is a bummer (meaning the multimedia keys on the apple keyboard).  Are there plans to provide that, or is it there somewhere and I'm missing it?

Keyboard shortcuts aren't working yet, but it's on our list.  Hopefully they'll snap into place before too long.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New to JRiver, few questions
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:26:10 pm »

Keyboard shortcuts aren't working yet, but it's on our list.  Hopefully they'll snap into place before too long.

OK ... time's up!   ;D

It's nice that the 'Pause' toggle & volume keys work, but what I sometimes really need is 'Mute'!
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up