INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Catalog Numbers and Copyright Holders  (Read 920 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Multiple Catalog Numbers and Copyright Holders
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:53:11 pm »

Would it be possible to have these fields display multiple items? Thanks to kstuart, I have been going back through my library and actually filling out these details so that I know exactly which version of an album it is that I have.
While this is mostly inconsequential, I've been finding that many discs have multiple catalog numbers or have different ℗ & © values (particularly with re-released/remastered albums) so it would be nice if that was supported. (separated by a semicolon as you do in other fields)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Multiple Catalog Numbers and Copyright Holders
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:59:12 pm »

Until this is changed, just add multiple items, separated by semicolons.  You can display them as a list when necessary to break them apart.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:12:06 pm »

That's what I've been doing so far, it's just that it would be nice if they were displayed on separate lines when there are multiple items, as you have with most other tags.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:19:20 pm »

Right.  So you can add a new field, call it Catalog # (list), and set it to be a List Edit type.  Save it.  Then re-open it, and set it to Calculated type, and enter:

[Catalog #]&datatype=[list]

Now, you will see Catalog # multi-line in the TAW as Catalog # (list), and you'll get checkbox editing in a pane or file list column.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:48:07 pm »

Thanks again. I was hoping to avoid having to create a custom field for it though.

It's really not a big deal, it would just be nicer to have them displayed like this when tagging files:

Rather than the way they are just now:

Being able to pick from a checklist probably wouldn't be useful for Catalog #, but might be for Copyright.

EDIT: Well that was a bad example. It seems that LC is the Label Code, and doesn't belong there. But I do have discs with multiple Catalog Numbers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up