INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Remote plug-in help  (Read 1009 times)

Sixpack

Web Remote plug-in help
« on: April 01, 2002, 12:47:47 pm »

Has something changed in this plug-in?  Up until build 234 I was able to communicate with my Audrey's (3).  After that version and all others I receive an error message "unknown or unspecified error" on all 3 of the Audrey's.  No problems with HomeSeer running on the same platform and have removed HomeSeer but still have same connections problem.  The plug in is the same beta version.  Any ideas?

Win 98SE
P4B266 1.8MHZ

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Web Remote plug-in help
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 11:41:19 am »

Not sure... it's still working for me with the latest build.

If you keep having problems, let us know and we'll dig some more.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sixpack

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2002, 03:02:02 pm »

Thanks Matt
   Only the 3 Audrey's started complaining after the new MJ build.  All other PC's on the network can access thru Web Remote just fine.  Only thing that has changed was the version number as described above.  I know the Audrey browser is pretty limited but what is perplexing is that it worked prior to upgrading MJ which leads me to believe something changed in the way MJ sends out pages.

smig

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2002, 04:04:38 pm »

Guys where I can download the web plug-in?

steve

Mace

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2002, 04:14:57 pm »

You can get the web remote plugin here:

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/gen_plugins.html

smig

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 07:19:01 pm »

Thanks for the quick response. Checked out the plug-in and noticed I need to have 8.0. Although a web interface is very appealing,  I will continue to use pcanywhere to control MJ from other pcs. I don't want to upgrade to 8.0 just yet, so I will give it a try at a later time.  Thanks again.

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2002, 06:13:38 am »

I just downloaded this plug-in, and I am trying to get it set up.  Can anyone point me to some documentation regarding how this works, or can someone give me any pointers on getting this to work?  I clicked on web remote, and clicked on start server, and it gave me an IP address, and said that the server started succesfully, but then I run out of steps.  The IP address is not for my computer, and so I don't know how to access this from another machine.

Version 8.239 with a direct connection to the internet (rather than through a firewall)

Thanks for any suggestions or tips!
Pages: [1]   Go Up