INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA 'Push' has a buzz with 24 Bit FLAC [Solved]  (Read 8090 times)

RayDiant

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA 'Push' has a buzz with 24 Bit FLAC [Solved]
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:12:15 am »

I have a Marantz NA7004 Network Audio player connected to my PC via ethernet. My PC is running MC 18.0.158 with Vista SP2. If I use the NA7004 to connect to the JRiver server and pick a 24 Bit song it sounds beautiful. If I use any other controller (Gizmo on Android, JRemote on IPad, or MC 18 on the PC) there is a clearly audible buzz. This means to me that the bits being 'pushed' by the external controller are somehow being modified while the bits being 'pulled' by the NA7004 are not.  

I have tried various options but nothing I can think of makes any difference.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA 'Push' has a buzz with 24 Bit FLAC
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:31:34 am »

What various options have you tried?

If DLNA conversion is off then there is no conversion at all being done and the files are being sent as-is to the renderer, regardless of whether they're being pushed or pulled.

RayDiant

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46:28 pm »

I have no conversion for the audio under the DLNA options. Your statement is what I would have thought but something is amiss. I have turned off any conversions that were there. There aren't a whole lot of options for DLNA. The various options I tried were really things that shouldn't make any difference but I gave them a go:

• I used WASAPI and WASAPI exclusive instead of Direct Sound
  • put 24 bit inside 32 bit packet

Things that I haven't tried but plan to:
  • Associate the NA7004 with the JRiver server. I am not sure what this option means but it is there when I right click on the NA 7004
  • Turn off DLNA extras

I, also, have a Pioneer A3 wireless speaker. The buzzing is there when I use that, as well. It has no controller built in so I can't A/B test the 'push' and 'pull' like I can with the NA7004.

I have read that MC 18 has some good logging. Is there any type of logging that would provide information on this?

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:39 pm »

From memory if you're pushing to the media renderer, MC uses the first defined DLNA server unless the renderer is associated with a specific DLNA server.  I recommend you enable this setting if you have more than one DLNA server defined

Good luck,

Steve

RayDiant

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:34:58 am »

That worked. I really glad the solution was so simple.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up