INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unesting a library item then fails to show in Theatre View  (Read 1376 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Unesting a library item then fails to show in Theatre View
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:00:31 pm »

using latest version MC 18.0.171

When I unest the "To be recorded" out from being nested under "guide" and place it under my Custom Heading of "TV Recordings" the list of upcoming recordings no longer displays in Theatre view.

My "TV Recordings" parent item has Rules Media Type "Video" and sub-type "TV show"

I noticed the default item, "Guide" has Rules [TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate and nested below is another "Guide" with rules [TVTime]=#TVGuideStartDate-7d and nested below this is the default location for "To Be Recorded" with Rules [=TVinfo(Record)]=[1]

Is it possible to combine these rules in such a way that "To BE Recorded" can be relocated and still work?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Unesting a library item then fails to show in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:28 pm »

If you move a library item out from under a parent, you'll need to merge the parent rules for file display into the child's rules.

To test, I moved 'To Be Recorded' up a level (with the unnest button), then switched it to use the merged rule:
[TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate [=TVInfo(Record)]=[1] ~d=g

It seemed to work.  Does that work for you?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 08:38:36 pm »

[TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate [=TVInfo(Record)]=[1] ~d=g

This didnt work for me.I previously tried this combo but without the ~d=g (dont know what that is) and didnt work either. After pasting your line,[TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate [=TVInfo(Record)]=[1] ~d=g, as the rule and clicking apply, re-oprning the rule showed the  [=TVInfo(Record)]=[1] as a second rule under the first rule and there were now two lots of "limit the database to guide" modifications.So perhaps Im doing something wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:53:49 pm »

Click the 'Import/Export' button at the bottom of the search wizard and enter the text.  You can't use the friendly wizard controls for these special rules.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:37:52 pm »

Click the 'Import/Export' button at the bottom of the search wizard and enter the text.  You can't use the friendly wizard controls for these special rules.

This didnt work. It produced the rule set as in attached picture. I had also previously experimented with this when using the standard wizard to produce the same rule set.

However, it works for unest and moving up or down, but not when renested under my parent item that had rules , media type=video, subtype=TV Show.I didnt expect that would be a problem but perhaps it isnt classified as "video" or "tv show" until after it has been recorded ?

At any rate renesting it under a 'dummy' library item without any parent rules also works.So problem solved if I now use a parent item without rules and only place child objects with all their rules included.

For others reading, I found using the Import/export method a bit confusing as I was not actually importing anything. Pasting Matt's line of code [TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate [=TVInfo(Record)]=[1] ~d=g after opening the import/export dialogue of course works,thanks Matt. I'm guessing the ~d=g adds the modifier "Limit database to tv guide".

Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up