INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get MC to work with my M2Tech Young  (Read 1776 times)

uglymusic

Can't get MC to work with my M2Tech Young
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:55:14 am »

Hi everyone

This is my first post here. I hope it's not a FAQ that I've somehow missed.

I have MC on my iMac, driving a KingRex UD-01 DAC in my office system. It seems to work fine.

However, in my main system I have a White MacBook feeding an M2Tech Young, and every time I try to play a track, I get the following error:

"Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Playback could not be started on the output 'Core Audio' using the format '44.1kHz 64bit 2ch'.

This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.

Also, make sure your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options."

I've done the following:

-Ensured that the M2Tech driver appears as the output in OS X

-Tried with Core Audio switched in and out in MC

-Made changes in DSP Studio - I've set all bitdepths to 16, 24 and 32 bit, and also tried setting the sample rates' output explicitly

Frankly, there are so many possible permutations and combinations here that I could be here until the Mac version is finished!

Can anyone give me some guidance about getting MC to work with the Young, please?

TIA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can't get MC to work with my M2Tech Young
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:49:40 pm »

Could you share a log of playback failing by using Help > Logging.

Capture the problem, then send the log to logs (at) jriver [dot] com.  Please include a link to this thread.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.  With your help we should be able to get it figure out.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

uglymusic

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 12:02:09 pm »

Thanks Matt

I've managed to get it working in the meantime. It looks as if it all came together after I chose to 'Play files from memory...', although I tried so many changes I'm not sure what the default was.

I can have a go at posting the current configuration if it helps anyone.

Cheers

Dave

bobbmd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:51:25 pm »

same problem as 'uglymusic' but my message says my output source(brand new gungnir usb dac) wont play format 44.1kHz 16bit 2 channel- i cant find a way to change this and I DIDNT put this format in anywhere that i know of
this JUST happened listening to dylans 'blond on blonde' the cd/sacd hybrid remastered disc ripped via XLD it was playing very well previously-what did i do and how can i correct it??

mac mini 2.6gHz i7 16gb ram 1tb hdd>usb>gungnir usb(brandnew upgrade)>rca out to my avr
bobbmd

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:29:07 am »

same problem as 'uglymusic' but my message says my output source(brand new gungnir usb dac) wont play format 44.1kHz 16bit 2 channel- i cant find a way to change this and I DIDNT put this format in anywhere that i know of
this JUST happened listening to dylans 'blond on blonde' the cd/sacd hybrid remastered disc ripped via XLD it was playing very well previously-what did i do and how can i correct it??

mac mini 2.6gHz i7 16gb ram 1tb hdd>usb>gungnir usb(brandnew upgrade)>rca out to my avr
bobbmd
Did you try power cycling the DAC?  On your Options / Audio page, what do you have set for "Bitstreaming: ..."?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up