INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import rules  (Read 1146 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Auto-import rules
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:57:46 pm »

Since fixing my library earlier, I have been moving files around on my drives to make things a bit easier to manage when it comes to backing them up. (and sort out file locations if anything similar were to happen again - though that turned out to be a fairly easy fix)
It has been a while since I had to set up any auto-import rules, but I had the same complaints last time:

Rather than recreate the same rules multiple times for each drive (which may include several complex tagging rules) would it be possible to have a single rule apply to multiple locations?

That could be five rules consolidated into one there.

It would also be really nice if we could have the option to include the contents of a folder but not any sub-folders, rather than having to set up exclusions for each one manually.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto-import rules
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »

+1 I've been meaning to get around to asking for the same thing for months. Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:22:39 pm »

Argh, I just imported over a thousand videos (mostly test patterns) because I forgot to add an exception rule after moving a folder to a location that auto-import was watching.

There really needs to be an option for "This folder only" with no subdirectories being scanned.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 02:38:07 pm »

Search for the folder name and soft delete them.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 03:02:57 pm »

Search for the folder name and soft delete them.
Yeah, it's easy enough to fix, but the underlying problem is that even if I have a folder that is being auto-imported, and I currently have every sub-directory excluded, if something else creates a new subfolder (e.g. unzipping a file with test patterns in it) then it will be imported automatically.

I want to watch the root directory, but not any current or future subdirectories.
Pages: [1]   Go Up