INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing  (Read 719 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Crashing
« on: May 16, 2013, 02:32:29 am »

I have a problem on my server at home and at my cabin/summer home (identical computers with Win Server 2K3 and 5-6 sound cards, mostly SoundBlaster Audigy and Live! with kX drivers so each pair of channels are seen as a separate card) where MC crashes on startup (sort of just "imploding" and dissappearing). Sometimes I have to restart it 2-3 times to get it to work. I do not have this problem on the mediaserver at home. That's running Windows 7, but it too has the kX drivers and a bunch of sound cards. They all have the same library, but not with Library server. I update the library on the server at home, do a backup of it and then copy it to the other computers for a library restore. Also I'm using Promixis MediaBridge on all the computers, but since it works on the mediaserver I doubt that this is the reason. I tried to reboot the cabin server without having MediaBridge start, and that didn't change anything. MC came up and then dissappeared again.

I have a crash.dmp file that has been modified on my latest crash about five minutes ago, maybe that can shed some light on the mystery. Can I put it up here as an attachment, or does it contain personal info, so I have to mail it to somebody?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up