INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Under playing now->player right click -more play options please add play album  (Read 2737 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

when shuffling all audio all of a sudden you want to listen to a whole album

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

There was a thread about this a few months ago, and something like a dozen users agreed.

There is a similar situation in Panes, where the Pane gives you "Play" for any "Album" column, but when instead you have an "Artist" column, then you get a Files Window which then lists several albums.   Clicking Play on the Artist will play all the albums.  But there is nowhere in the Files Window to right-click on just one album, so you can "Play" it.

Actually "Add Album to Playing Now" would be the most useful variation.

apostos

• World Citizen

As a ‘Theatre View’ user I’d settle for the ability to go directly to the album that the current track in the ‘Playing Now’ view is from. To me this seems to be a logical extension of that view.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

I assume that the Theater View right-click options are entirely separate and different ?

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

As a ‘Theatre View’ user I’d settle for the ability to go directly to the album that the current track in the ‘Playing Now’ view is from. To me this seems to be a logical extension of that view.

As a workaround I have placed "Playing now" as a root item in Theatre view, right in the center of other tabs.I can get to it easily by just going to "home" or otherwise exiting from where I am. When you go to Playing now it is simple on the "roller" to go to "info" or "list" views for the current album. The only nuisance is that the "back" takes you, oddly enough, back to home view with "Playing now" highlighted. This is as opposed to going back to the view where you see all your albums and with current album playing being highlighted.

apostos

• World Citizen

I assume that the Theater View right-click options are entirely separate and different ?

The options are basically the same but you can't access them by right clicking. You access them through the top menu structure under 'more play options'.

As a workaround I have placed "Playing now" as a root item in Theatre view, right in the center of other tabs.I can get to it easily by just going to "home" or otherwise exiting from where I am. When you go to Playing now it is simple on the "roller" to go to "info" or "list" views for the current album. The only nuisance is that the "back" takes you, oddly enough, back to home view with "Playing now" highlighted. This is as opposed to going back to the view where you see all your albums and with current album playing being highlighted.

I'm suggesting a menu item  that takes one from the playing now window directly to the view you see when you click on an album. From there you can select the track(s) you want or play the entire album.

Roysyboy

hi, I'm new to JRiver

Interesting thread that might help me.

I can't work out how to play an album.

With other (Foobar, etc) players, one gets two ways of playing an album:

1. click on the album

2. click on first track in album, and when finished it plays next track, and so on.

But can I find how to get this in JRiver? CIF!

Briefly scanning this thread, I get the impression that perhaps JRiver won't play albums.

Someone please tell me 'cos I'm not familiar with JRiver, yet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome.  In any view that shows albums, select one and press the play button.  Or right click and play.

You can modify MC's behavior under Tools/Options/General/Behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up