INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver just manage audio?  (Read 1574 times)

Gijs52

Can JRiver just manage audio?
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:55:12 am »

I am trying to find a practical and good solution to manage my music collection on a server with WHS2011 and in the same time have an UPnP option so that I can ply the music on my Linn DS.

I thought JRiver might do the trick, but I wonder whether it is possible to use JRiver just to manage an audio collection and remove all the options I do not want at all, like images, video, shops or podcasts. +
I have searched the forum, but failed to find the right answer.

To see whether it would work, I removed the options for Video & Images in the menu (could not get podcasts out) and removed files JRiver automatically found, but in Kinsky I still see Images & Video.

Am I looking for the impossible or did I overlook something?

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Newby questions.......
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:28:47 am »

Where you looking in Tools > Options > General > Features area. There are a lot of features that can be un-ticked.

"Services" under options has some more including some plugins

[EDIT] I am not an expert on control points so not sure how Kinsky would interact with MC.

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
Re: Newby questions.......
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 08:44:08 am »

MC certainly can be stripped of features that are not audio, or at least other features can be hidden.

The best description that I found when doing this was in fact on the Computer Audiophile site, and although it is specifically written for MC 17 most but not all features are the same in MC 18. At least you may find it a good place to start.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/436-jriver-media-center-17-detail/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

icstm

• World Citizen
Re: Can JRiver just manage audio?
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:27:39 am »

The other important thing to note, is that when you import to the library, you should only select the audio file types you want to import and exluclude any cover art, or other files that you do not wish to have there.

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 03:00:52 pm »

I think your problem is that you have been editing the entities - images, video etc - in the main JRiver screen. But you are using JRiver as a DLNA server for your Linn DS, so you really need to sort out the DLNA view which is a different thing altogether. To do that,

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Customize Views

You should see an "Items to show" box; just delete all the stuff you don't want presented. If you want to customise the views you do want seen by your control points, this is where you need to do it. (MC does a great job of this imo).

It is probably also worth checking the options on the preceding screen "DLNA Servers" to make sure you haven't got any unintended transcoding/downsampling. Audio Mode Original is probably what you want.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Customize Views

Good catch !  ;) Up until now I had a hunch we had been telling the OP what he already knew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up