INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with libraries  (Read 4506 times)

riccà

• Recent member
problem with libraries
« on: May 25, 2013, 11:31:57 am »

I downloaded the trial version of Jrmc for evaluation.
For what I saw it's a terrific programm but I have a problem loading the libraries.
This is how I operate:
After importing audio files from the WD Nas to the “main library” this is what I get (picture1)
The problem is that it's impossible to play these files from my music player (Pioneer N50): I can hear them only from the loadspeakers of the computer....
If I load then the “My Book Live Twonky library” what I get is the duplication of all songs of each record in two different files: I can play to my hifi only the files whose name is starting with http:\\192.168.1.100.9000 (picture2)
Where did I go wrong?
My network is: Pioneer N50  music player, TP Link WR841ND wireless router, WD My Book Live Hard disk with Twonky, portable pc running Jrmc.
Thank you for help.
Riccardo

riccà

• Recent member
Re: problem with libraries
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »

I thought that the problem was Twonky and I disabled it.
The result is that now I can only hear music from the pc...
I'm getting crazy.
Is there anybody that can help me?
Please!!!!  :'(
Riccardo

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 04:52:15 pm »

The Pioneer N50 is a DLNA player, right?

If so, then in order to send music to it from MC you need to set up MC as a DLNA Server, and also a DLNA Controller if you want to use MC to control the playback rather than using the N50's interface.

To do this, go to Tools/Options/Media Network and enable the checkbox "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA". I think that will generate an Access Key but this is not relevant for DLNA. Then go to Advanced and enable DLNA Server and DLNA Controller.

Then the N50 should appear in MC's Playing Now list in the left hand column. If it doesn't, give it a couple of minutes, or restart both MC and the N50. This effectively makes the N50 a "Zone" in MC terms and to play to it you need to select it in the Playing Now list (or you can use Send To... when right-clicking on a media file).

Note that if you're using another device to browse the library, e.g. a generic DLNA Controller app on an Android or iOS device, or using the N50's own interface, the streucture of your music library will be displayed according to the structure set up in "Add or configure DLNA servers" from the Tools/Options/Media Network menu, which you can customise, and not necessarily as you see them in MC's standard view although you may make them the same if you want.

riccà

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 05:30:36 pm »

Thank you for your reply csimon,
I have already did what you told me.
The problem is that when I load the files in the library I get files I'can't play: before disabling Twonky I had for each song two files, one I could play on the n-50 by selecting it in the Playing Now list and the other only in the pc. Disabling Twonky I get only one file that I can only play in the pc.
As on now I don'yt use any device to browse the library: only the computer.

csimon

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 05:35:31 pm »

So the N50 appears in Playing Now and you can select it?  But when you try to play a file to it, nothing happens, is that right? Do you get an error message like "There was a problem controlling this DLNA device"?

csimon

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »

In your screenshot, the files listed with an IP address are the ones you can't play?  There is a path that says "NON-DLNA" there, that sounds suspicious! I also don't believe you should be seeing an IP address in the file path.  Does that IP address correspond to your NAS unit or is it the address of your PC?

csimon

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »

Sorry, another reply! I would suggest clearing your library (Main Library) and start again. When you import the files from the NAS, try to browse to the \\MYBOOKLIVE\  path, I'm not sure how the IP address got in there.

[EDIT - It's the other way around isn't it?  The ones with the IP addresses are the only ones you can play, not the ones with \\MYBOOKLIVE, and it's those ones that have been imported into MC. Can you tell me what the setting for Mode is under Add or Configure DLNA servers?)

riccà

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:03:35 pm »

Sorry, another reply! I would suggest clearing your library (Main Library) and start again. When you import the files from the NAS, try to browse to the \\MYBOOKLIVE\  path, I'm not sure how the IP address got in there.

[EDIT - It's the other way around isn't it?  The ones with the IP addresses are the only ones you can play, not the ones with \\MYBOOKLIVE,
Exactly!
 and it's those ones that have been imported into MC. Can you tell me what the setting for Mode is under Add or Configure DLNA servers?)

csimon

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 06:12:08 pm »

Do you know if Twonky had format conversion on or whether it was sending the original files?  Try changing Mode to Original, or Specified Out Format (without the "only when necessary" bit).  If neither works, try changing the Format to PCM 16-bit, or PCM L16 No Header.  It might be that the N50 is not understanding the format that MC is sending.

riccà

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 06:37:10 pm »

Thank you so much for your help Csimon, I really appreciate it but I don't know how to go on...
I've tried to delete the library and loaded again but with the same result
The funny (not to much funny indeed!) thing is that enabling Twonky on the Nas, loading the MYBookLive Twonky library I get files that I can play perfectly on my N50 but I get even files that I can't play and that I don't want loaded on the library.
If those files wouldn't be loaded it would be perfect!

csimon

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 02:12:37 am »

Have you tried the conversion options in post #9?

riccà

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 12:59:25 pm »

This you have to know csimon: after many attempts enabling and disabling Twonky, loading and deleting libraries with the same result I got an idea and I deleted from the library all the files of each record that I was unable to play.
Not a brilliant solution but it seems working.
But as a matter of curiosity I still would like to know what I did wrong.
Maybe one day....  :)
Riccardo

leonard

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 04:03:36 pm »

Ive been following this thread for a minute. I, too, have the same equipment and same problem. I followed the directions given and everything shows up as expected. When I play a file the message "File Format Not Supported" for all of the files that are over 2GB. It has no trouble with smaller files. I have 8 smaller files out of 450. All of my music is 192/24, so the files are huge. The file header is RF64. MS Media Server has no problem, either does MINIMServer. I'd really like to use JRiver MC because I want to send these files to a different player in DSD format. All I can do is play on the computer, which is useless. My evaluation time has almost run out but I am not going to buy it if I can't get it to work. I need to play the wave to the N%), then I'll try DSD. Tick...Tick...Tick...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »

>> "File Format Not Supported" for all of the files that are over 2GB
not sure this is related but your 2 gig limit maybe related to fat32 format will not support files over 2 gigs

thats if your drives are formated at fat32 of course.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 02:22:50 am »

I'm guessing that the 2gb limit is something do with the MC server calculation of Content-Length and/or handling of Range Bytes seeks. I am guessing that the MC is doing integer math at 32bit rather than 64bit and the figures are rolling over. A WireShark capture of the HTTP traffic would be revealing..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

blgentry

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 06:27:21 am »

Hook it up via USB and you won't have these issues.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 06:54:09 am »

I think the math is all 64 bit.

Is the OS 32 bit?

It also could be the device having trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up