INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Changed: When bitstreaming video, Audio Path will show nice information."-Bug  (Read 1088 times)

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi!

I don't know exactly what kind of information the new change should show, but I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope I am) that the information displayed with my setup is not correct. I'm bitstreaming audio for video via WASAPI (automatic bitdepth, nothing active in DSP studio) and my receiver is showing DTS-HD Master Audio in 7.1 for applicable streams whereas MC shows "192kHz 16bit 5.1" in Audio Path (and dts-hd ma 1536kbps streams in the audio selection submenu, when they should have a much higher bitrate). So does anyone know what's going on or how this new feature should work?

Regards, JK

• Citizen of the Universe

Are you using the Arcsoft dtsdecoderdll.dll file for bit-perfect DTS-HD decoding? (run a trial of Arcsoft and copy the file to %APPDATA%\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav\)
Or bitstreaming DTS-HD? (Tools > Options > Audio > Settings > Bitstreaming)

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

I'm bitstreaming, as mentioned my receiver is getting a DTS HD Master audio signal (at least it says it does :-)).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

MC cannot read the DTS-MA encoding (without using the Arcsoft decoder) and so shows the information on the DTS core, not the full DTS-MA HD version.

It works right for TrueHD, I think.  Either way, it doesn't matter.  If you are bitstreaming, MC sends the audio stream as-it-is (without decoding at all) to the output device.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

OK, but what "nice information" should be displayed then? :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up