INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client Options Video Conversion causing MC crash  (Read 1227 times)

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
Client Options Video Conversion causing MC crash
« on: June 01, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

I posted my problems of late in the 193 thread and was asked to start a thread for discussion.  Here is what I'm experiencing recently:

Ever since 189, I've had a problem streaming from my library server to my client outside my network. 

Specifically, MC on the client crashes if: CLIENT OPTIONS is set to convert video.

If CLIENT OPTIONS is set to NO video conversion, the file will play fine (well, it will buffer frequently).

Both server and client are running 193.

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Client Options Video Conversion causing MC crash
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 09:10:11 am »

So, a little more info.

Client Video Conversion works for me within the same network.

I'm only getting crashes from my client that is outside the network.  Prior to 189 (I think), everything worked fine on the client outside my network.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 03:14:39 pm »

If you're using it at work, there might be some "defense" measures in place.

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:18:56 pm »

Not using it at work.  Like I said, it was working fine for me up until last week or so (around release of 188 or 189).

I have been out-of-town since March and I have been using my laptop to view my media from my Library Server back at home.  I go back and forth between using Webgizmo and connecting as a Client, as both have their pros and cons.

Webgizmo (+):  plays all file types, seeking is possible
Webgizmo (-):  audio tends to get out-of-sync

Library Server Client with video conversion (+):  no audio sync issues, no buffering
Library Server Client with video conversion (-):  no seeking

Library Server Client with no video conversion (+):  no audio sync issues, seeking is possible
Library Server Client with no video conversion (-):  won't play wtv files, buffering
Pages: [1]   Go Up