INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoneswitch not working as expected  (Read 1821 times)

BradC

• World Citizen
Zoneswitch not working as expected
« on: June 02, 2013, 02:53:17 am »

HI

I am hoping that someone can help with this problem
I have 3 zones with different DSP setting, and have made my own Library Field called Media Format that is DVD, Bluray or blank
Zone 1: Audio (Media Type is Audio)
Zone 2: Bluray (Media Type is Video & Media Format is Bluray)
Zone 3: DVD (Media Type is Video & Media Format is not Bluray)

The Audio zone works fine, but the Video always plays in the DVD zone. Even if I start from the Bluray zone, video playback always occurs in the DVD zone. The selected files even appear in the Bluray playlist (and then copy to the DVD zone playing now list)

Any idea why it's not working correctly?

Brad

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zoneswitch not working as expected
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:08:06 am »

Make sure you have the Blu-ray Zone stop playback in the DVD Zone, and vice-versa.

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 03:26:34 am »

Yep checked that, and it's correct, it is set to stop all other zones for each zone.

With ver 194 it is still behaving the same. Even when in the bluray zone, and play a bluray, the movie appears in th eplaylist for both the bluray and dvd zones, but plays in the dvd zone - not as expected.

Can someone cofirm that the 'does not contain' and 'is not' logic is working correctly for zoneswitch?

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:01:11 am »

I have worked out what the problem is:
when a bluray is launched (iso format), it initally switches to bluray zone, but then the mounted disc does not have the same tags as the one in the library (ie it's missing the media format=bluray tag), so it switches to dvd zone.
Any suggestions to get blurays (iso) to play ine one zone, and other video in another?

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 02:28:16 pm »

Does this work? [Media Type]=[Video] [Height]=>576

I am curious about why you have Blu-rays and DVDs going to separate zones though.
I would also suggest ripping to MKV rather than using ISOs for better integration with Media Center. (but I understand there are reasons why you might not want to do that)

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 10:08:09 pm »

Thanks I will give that a go.

I have different audio DSP settings for bluray and dvd. Dvd did not work well with large convolution delays.

Is there any function that can recognise that a disc is a bluray?

Brad

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 12:06:53 am »

Is there not a function in jriver that can determine if a disc in a drive is a cd, dvd or bluray?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 08:56:02 am »

If you don't know what to use then you can put the discs in and see what the tags say. I just checked a Blu-ray, DVD, and CD. It looks like the easiest to filter on will be the File Type tag. The File Type tag will have "bdmv" for a Blu-ray, "ifo" for a DVD and "cda" for a CD.

So, you can use the following:
[File Type]=[bdmv]
[File Type]=[ifo]
[File Type]=[cda] (if you just want the CD) or [Media Type]=[Audio] if you want the CD and all other audio in a zone.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:12:55 am »

I just tested a DVD, Blu-ray, and Music zone using ZoneSwitch and they worked great with physical discs. I also use convolution and need a zone for DVD discs. I rip DVDs to MKVs which work fine with convolution, but for physical discs I need a separate zone. I'm going to try to make some shorter convolution filters for DVD.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 09:38:33 am »

O/T I know, but what do you experience with the different convolution filters that causes you to have 2 different ones?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 10:05:52 am »

O/T I know, but what do you experience with the different convolution filters that causes you to have 2 different ones?
Here is some discussion on the issue:
DVD playback and convolution problem - stuttering video & audio

Native JRiver 64bit fp convolution:  page 6

Quote from: Matt
The issue is that the Microsoft DVD Navigator (the thing that reads DVDs on Windows) will not provide the audio more than a little ahead of the video.  This doesn't work well if there's a large audio latency.  People that set the primary buffer size in Options > Audio to a large size run into this same problem.

One solution would be to do DVD title play, which plays the raw MPEG of the main title.  This is what we do when streaming a DVD to a DLNA box.  This solution could work locally as well, but would disable trailers, menus, etc.

Another solution would be to find or write another DVD navigator.  However, it doesn't seem like anyone has made much progress on this, possibly because of the DRM that can be baked into DVD.

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 11:10:34 pm »

Thanks mojave, pretty sure that will fix my issue
Pages: [1]   Go Up