INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roku3-like feature idea: audio-only through webgizmo  (Read 796 times)

duskdrums

• Recent member
Roku3-like feature idea: audio-only through webgizmo
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:19:34 pm »

Not sure if this is the right forum to put this in, but a kind of random feature idea, for what it's worth:

I've been using my girlfriend's new Roku 3 and one great feature is the ability to plug headphones into the remote control and watch TV late at night without disturbing anyone. And since JRiver can already stream music to portable devices such as iphones/ipads (through jremote) and android phones (through gizmo), it seems like it would be doable to implement something similar. You would effectively just stream the audio portion of a video to the webgizmo interface while playing the video portion through media center. If I plug headphones into my webgizmo streaming device, I can now listen silently. I imagine the hard part will be ensuring that the audio and video line up, and so I wouldn't imagine this would be a quick feature to implement, but thought I'd throw the suggestion out anyway

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Roku3-like feature idea: audio-only through webgizmo
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:01:34 pm »

That's a really nice idea actually. My only concern with that would be latency.

But considering that these devices all have cameras and microphones built in, I bet it would be possible to have some kind of automatic latency calibration the first time you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up