INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New features request  (Read 1382 times)

BayensF

• World Citizen
New features request
« on: June 14, 2013, 01:35:49 am »

Hello,

With my HTPC I am controlling multiple zones. Would it be possible when I switch to a zone (On) a batch file is activated, and when switching to another zone another batch file is loaded (Off).

I have installed a USB relay board to switch on/off a built in Class D (ICEpower) Amplifier board to power my kitchen speakers.

If this is not possible it could also be a solution to have some "general" buttons to activated program's. Buttons that could be renamed like the zones are.

With kind regards FB Netherlands.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: New features request
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:50:20 am »

You can add a Button in Theater View that allows you to run an external programme.  That external programme could be a simple batch file that could both switch the zone (using MCC commands) as will as fire up your relay board etc.
JRiver CEO Elect

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:54:40 am »

To Jmone,

Sounds good. I think I know how to do it. To be honest I have been adding and removing items in Theater View before ending up with problems when using remote apps.

Could you guide me a bit to do it the first time right, thanks in advance, with kind regards,

FB Netherlands

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:21:30 am »

There are a few options

1. Running Batch File

You could create a simple batch file (say "ZoneOn.bat") using Notepad that contains stuff like
Code: [Select]
REM This batch file switches zones and turns on the USB relay board
@echo off
REM the next line will change zones in MC
MC18.exe /MCC 10011, 1
REM the next line is to turn on the USB relay board
****ADD YOUR CODE HERE****

You would then create a second one for ZoneOFF.  You can then link these batch files to a button in TheaterView

2. Autohotkey  If you are more adventurous you could use a prog like AutoHotKey (others use Girder) to trigger the command from a button on your Remote Control (or keyboard, or some other condition) in the background.  Here is one example of what can be done http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81259.0 but it takes a bit more scripting knowledge.

More info on the MCC commands and how to use them are here
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

You may have to experiment on the what command to use and the parameters to select the correct zone.
JRiver CEO Elect

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 09:21:49 am »

THANKS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up