INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You JRiver>  (Read 1240 times)

GROBEC

• Recent member
Thank You JRiver>
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:26:54 am »

First, let me say that I have been a JR customer and follower and customer for a long time, owning at least 4 PC licenses over the years and Now 2 for Mac. I have followed the progress for a long time and fully understand the work and dedication involved in the creation and the updating. I do a considerable amount of testing.
It would seem that the SQ comment I made the other day was misinterpreted as it had nothing to do with any personal rant on the subject but merely an observation by someone who is well practiced at the chore and is also aware that both software and firmware sets and compilers CAN indeed cause mysterious changes in SQ.
I apologize if I was less than clear. Often  attention to new software focuses on functionality and features and with almost daily builds, it might be very difficult to retrace over many versions to try to find where the audible change occurred, if indeed it did at all.
So that's my story folks.
Keep up the good work!.

G
Late 2009 intel Mac Mini, Maverick, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Jeff Rowland MC6, Wilson Watt Puppy.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Thank You JRiver>
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:48:21 am »

I appreciate your comments.  Thank you for your support.

... software and firmware sets and compilers CAN indeed cause mysterious changes in SQ ...

Obviously a bug in firmware in a playback device or in a compiler on a production machine _could_ cause a sound problem.  But there has been no change on our side that could cause a subtle sound problem as you originally described.

This is the sort of topic that sometimes turns into a food fight between the digital logic crowd and the "ones and zeros are not always ones and zeros" crowd.  There are lots of other forums to discuss that topic.  This is not the place.

There is a lot of rubbish passed around on forums.  We're sticking with the known universe here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up