INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center always expired  (Read 1382 times)

chorlton

Media Center always expired
« on: July 06, 2013, 04:26:59 am »

Hi,

I'm looking to evaluate the Media Center. I installed it fine last week and wanted to do a clean install so did the usual Mac thing and dragged the App to the Trash and removed the Library/Application Support/J River directory. When I reinstall now, I just get a 'The trial period has expired' message. I went through the options to try and extend the trial but that didn't work either!
I tried reverting to the 18.0.164 and 18.0.165 builds as they were around the time licensing came in but it looks like they're time limited and won't currently work.

Anyone got any ideas as to how I can get this working as Media Center looks like it could be a good solution to my needs!

Ian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center always expired
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 06:18:43 am »

Maybe you installed a version of it more than 30 days ago.  If so, the trial has ended.  If you had a quick look and liked it, why not just buy it?  It works.  It's getting steadily better.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:45:28 am »

Take a punt and go for a licence.

You won't lose..   8)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

chorlton

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 08:38:47 am »

I didn't actually get a chance to try it..just imported a lot of media during which it crashed so an a bit loathed to spend money on something I can't use! also, it seemed a bit 'un-mac' with unusual short-cut keys..the one I remember is quit wasn't Apple-q? I have about 28,000 files in my library which is held on a Nas so I want to use the program to transfer files to usb sticks for listening to in the car.

I definitely didn't install more than 30 days ago and as it worked until I deleted the library and tried to start again!
ian

Bachiano

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:12:33 am »

Go to Finder/ Go / press option key / enter library.

Then enter Time Machine and go to a time before you deleted the library.
Look for Library/application support/ JRiver folder.
restore JRiver folder and it should start working again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up