INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 missing record option  (Read 1224 times)

mogf

• Recent member
MC18 missing record option
« on: July 09, 2013, 02:35:47 pm »

I have upgraded from MC14 to MC18 (Licensed). In MC14 the menu Tools - Advanced Tools has the menu item "Record Sound". In MC18.0.206 this menu item is no longer there. Has it been moved somewhere else? I have looked everywhere but cannot find it. Thanks a lot for any advice.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC18 missing record option
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:24 pm »

Sorry, but we removed line-in recording when we removed MFC:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75971.0

You can use Open > Live to input from ASIO if you have an ASIO capable device.  You can configure Options > Audio to use 'Disk Writer' to have the ASIO input saved to disk.  It's not as nice as a dedicated tool, but might work in a pinch.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:50:21 pm »

Thank you for those tips. I installed ASIO4ALL and in MC18 selected File - Open Live - ASIO Line In and ASIO4ALL was recognized as the input device. I set Tools - Audio Output Mode to Disk Writer. Then in MC18 I selected Playing Now and it showed it was writing to my C:\Users\username\Music directory. But it wrote hundreds of small .wav files there each 345KB at the rate of about 600 files per minute. The Pause and Stop buttons in MC18 do not seem to do anything so I had to exit MC18 to stop the recording. If you cannot tell me how to get recording working in MC18 I shall have to go back to MC14. I need the recording feature for (1) recording off the microphone (2) recording off line input (vinyl disks, cassetes, radio). Will the recording feature be available in MC18 again soon? Thanks for any further advice.

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 03:22:48 pm »

The wiki needs updating
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/To_Record

If I get a chance I'll come back here tomorrow when I've more time and do so if no one gets there first...

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 02:46:51 am »

I have reinstalled MC14 which works fine for recording. I look forward to the record option being reinstated in MC18. This forum is excellent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up