INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.209 -- Available Here  (Read 9613 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.209 -- Available Here
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:46:03 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180209.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.209 (7/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Server computer would not go to sleep after serving live television to clients.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Fixed: Message box message "This feature is only available to Last.fm subscribers." was not translated.
4. Fixed: MC could crash when stopping playing a CableCARD tuner, especially in Red October HQ.
5. Fixed: When the mouse left a list, the mouse-over selection state could stay visible in certain cases.
6. Fixed: Right-click menu and some other popup windows was prematurely destroyed when CableCARD television tuner devices were involved.
7. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
8. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
9. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
10. Fixed: A few possible cases where background threads that showed user interface could hang or cause a focus shift.
11. Changed: Added additional logging to the search suggestion system to help debug performance issues on some machines.

18.0.208 (7/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Convolution was not working in build 207.
2. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).

18.0.207 (7/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Typing in the Options search box could temporarily shift focus, causing the first letter to get replaced by the second letter.
2. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
3. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
4. Changed: Media Center will prevent the system from going to sleep while doing a handheld transfer.
5. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
6. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis".
7. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"
8. Fixed: In Performer Store, following purchase of an album, the list of available assets for that album could be incorrect and the price for a track could be listed the same as the album price.

18.0.206 (6/27/2013)

1. Fixed: HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuners did not work.
2. Fixed: Image editing could lead to a crash on shutdown.
3. Changed: Converted audio files will no longer have the audio analysis values (Replay Gain, etc.) copied from the source file (the encoding could have changed the correct values).
4. Fixed: Moving the mouse while the sort all / inside groups menu was showing would incorrectly simulate a column header drag.
5. Fixed: 3d objects in Theater View were not drawing properly on some XP machines.
6. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
7. Fixed: The quick find toolbar in a list (F3) didn't look nice with the Black on Black skin.
8. Fixed: The 'Help' button in Options could go to the wrong page in some cases.
9. Fixed: The 12th Car Radio button was not working.

18.0.205 (6/25/2013)

1. Changed: Lists now allow two expression columns to be added that use the same expression (or that both have empty expressions).
2. Changed: When returning to Theater View, if the previously selected list index has a different name (due to database changes, etc.) the selection will reset to the top of the list.
3. Fixed: Some commands on the right-click menu of a zone to control Zone Linking could operate on the current zone instead of the right-clicked zone.
4. Changed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates a little more.

18.0.204 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Accepting an edit control suggestion could lead to a crash.
2. Changed: When playing mono (1 channel) audio, Parametric Equalizer will treat the mono channel as 'Left' so that it's possible to manipulate these streams.
3. Fixed: The Tag Action Window could flicker during resizing.
4. Fixed: A menu or combobox list would not always go away properly when activating a different window.
5. Fixed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates.
6. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.

18.0.203 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working after some Hulu site changes.
2. Fixed: A relative path that starts with a backslash could incorrectly end up with a filename that had two backslashes after the drive.
3. Fixed: JRSS downmixing was not always energy neutral when downmixing to mono.
4. Fixed: MC will no longer hang when trying to connect to a media server with a password.  
5. Fixed: Playback of certain streaming video could lead to crash.
6. Fixed: Reading the tags on an AIFF file from HDtracks could incorrectly change the date modified.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Media Center 18.0.209 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 03:10:09 pm »

Please take a look at focus problem when changing dsp settings.
Tried to convert SACD to MP3 CBR Fast Encoding (which is working now,Thanks!), but after 'playing' around with dsp settings, the settings window disappeared to background and doesn't come back.

No chance to quit settings window anymore or to close mc. I had to kill the mc process with task manager.

Win 7 x64, Aero enabled, MC latest build, BlackonBlack Skin.

PS:
And it would be nice if MC would add Replay gain tags to converted files, when not imported to mc library.
Perhaps as an option. (Analyze after conversion)
The converted mp3 files from SACD didn't have Replay gain tags.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 04:44:08 pm »

MC server PC went to sleep while I was listening to Julio Iglesias through laptop in the porch...
Had to get back into the house, wake up MC server, wife's dog bit me again.....

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 01:03:13 am »

24hz auto switch bug in windows 8. has this been acknowledged by jriver guys? reported this few times past few builds, no reply.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 03:56:58 am »

What i forgot....

Zone switching focus bug is still there.
Onkyo TX-NR906

locust

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 08:59:15 am »

in rules for file display when sorting by [A/Z] or [Z/A] Year - Album the rule does not save..

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 09:09:02 am »

24hz auto switch bug in windows 8. has this been acknowledged by jriver guys? reported this few times past few builds, no reply.
Thanks for the report, we'll take a look.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 04:22:22 pm »

One Liststyle in Theater View is a little buggy.

Don't know the name of this style.
Let's take view by actors for example.
Actor Names on the left side, and only covers on the right side. If you scroll to an actor, cover arts start cycling, if there is not enough room for all covers in the line.

Looks like there are all covers in each field, because at the border of the covers you can see that there are other covers in the background, too.
Doesn't look very nice.

Onkyo TX-NR906

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 06:56:49 am »

Since installing build 195 the preservation of missing disks is not working anymore. All movies which are on another RAID disappear throughout the day from the library and have to be re-imported all the time again before watching a movie... pretty annoying, as this function has been working well before

thanks

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
Playchart seeds are still getting lost
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 09:31:55 am »

When I create playcharts the original seed value will persist for only a short period of time. I tried just now creating several play charts and then exiting MC and shutting down the server which was running in the background. When I restarted MC, 3 out of the 5 playcharts I created had reset had lost the "seed" and were displaying random music that had nothing to do with the original seed. I reported this a few versions back and it still seems to be there.

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 04:04:10 pm »

It seems that when I convert multiple songs from a .cue file (there is only one audio file but the songs are shown individually in MC according to the .cue) and I've chosen the 'replace original file' option, only the first track is converted, the rest disappear.

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 09:04:10 pm »

Hi ksvane,

if you select replace when doing conversion from a cue sheet, the original file is indeed deleted after the first conversion.
You shall first elect to add (or not), but not replace, the converted files to your library and then remove the cue and original file from library after the conversion is completed.
I learned the hard way and had to re-rip my cd...

Hope that help
Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

mason32

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 12:51:46 pm »

Some ASS subtitles are displayed incorrectly(see: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82108.0 )

dean70

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 10:28:51 pm »

Clear playing now on exit does not work if the machine is shut down with MC running.

zeotta

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 08:51:50 am »

I usually use Korean font for subtitles but  Not Changed Korean subtitle font..English fonts changed well.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 10:54:03 am »

I am a new MC18 user.  I stream audio to my PS Audio PWD.  I use JRemote as a controller.  In general MC18 works great; however, I do run into a problem on a regular basis.  Sometimes the next song from a playlist won't play.  The progress bar moves forward but there is no sound.  The resolution has required a different approach.  One, select another song (or even the same one) and it will play.  This approach doesn't always work.  Two, reset the upnp server.  I can do this remotely from my iDevice.  This always works and maintains my previously selected playlist. 

This problem has cropped up under several different scenarios.  One, just playing through a playlist.  Goes to the next song, then no audio.  Two, adding songs to a playlist of different resolutions (i.e. 24/192 to 16/44.1). Three, just adding another 16/44.1 album to the playlist.

Sorry but I haven't pinpointed a consistent trigger for the problem.  Above is the best info I can provide.  My network is very stable.  All the devices are hard wired using static IP addresses and apple network (extreme and airport) devices.

Thanks for your help, Dale

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 11:09:19 am »

You could probably work around that by upsampling everything to the highest format your device can reliably support.  Use MC's Output Settings.  Start a new thread if you need help.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 11:23:02 am »

Quote from: Matt
Improvements that JRiver has committed to adding to v18 (hopefully coming soon):

Theater View will optionally fade away some text to prevent plasma burn-in.

With the release of 19 drawing ever closer when should we expect see this feature added to 18?

mason32

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 03:49:40 pm »

Even when setting xy-VSFilter as a video postprocessor for subtitle rendering, JRiver's internal engine continues to render the subtitles. Also it isn't possible to select the newest version called 'XYSubFilter'. See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82161.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up