INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 not working  (Read 1035 times)

morob7

MC18 not working
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:09:49 pm »

I updated from MC17 on June 22 and have not been able to get it to work on my computer.  Each time I open MC18 I get pop-ups stacked on pop-ups saying that a component is not installed, "Media Center may not be installed properly".  I uninstalled and reinstalled many times and have finally gone back to MC17 with no problems.  I believe that my problem stems from Windows.  After changing my hard drive a year ago, I have been unable to update Windows7.  I am in the middle of working on the problem with Windows tech support (first technician could not fix).  Has anyone else had any similar problems?  I do not have MC18 installed now, so I cannot give the exact language of the pop-up. 
   Another question I have is that I noticed that those that purchased after July 1, will be able to receive MC19.  Even though I purchased June 22, I do not have a working copy of MC18 to date.  Will I have to pay again to get MC19?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC18 not working
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:33:48 pm »

It sounds like you have a serious OS problem or a virus. If you were me, I'd just format and reinstall Windows. Life is too short to try and fix problems that can be eliminated 100% in a couple of hours.

morob7

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:39:10 pm »

I have tried reinstalling Windows.  Within a week, I cannot update.

morob7

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 12:56:58 pm »

I see that JRiver support leaves a lot to be desired.  No help at all.  Is it possible to get a refund for my upgrade to MC18, seeing as how there are no minimum requirements listed to suggest that an upgrade (to MC18 on a computer running MC17 without problem) may not run properly on my computer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 02:31:59 pm »

We offer a 30 day trial.  We don't offer refunds.  Bryanhoop's comments seem realistic.

Please try an Internet search for similar problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up