INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 keeps crashing  (Read 1034 times)

olag00

• Recent member
MC18 keeps crashing
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:05:12 pm »

I have 10 zones of audio.  When I select to play streaming music from a playlist on HTPC, then go to Gizmo and change volume of different zones it always crashes.  

I am using .209, win 7 64 bit, and I bought the upgrade to MC19 a couple of days ago.  I have been dealing with it because I see the potential in JRiver but it is annoying it crashes at least once a day.  I finally looked up how to get a log and have one but cannot find any emails for JRiver support and it is too big to attach to post.  I uploaded it to dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jonrr952rqy7e0/JRiver%20Log%202013-07-13%2015-48-37.zip

I hope something can be done, because it happens so much, I installed Jump Desktop so I don't have to keep going upstairs to restart JRiver, I load Jump Desktop and do everything from either my phone or on downstairs computer.

I hope something can be fixed or some setting I have not found.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC18 keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:04:00 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

You can't control playback on both Gizmo and the server.  Choose one or the other.  Click the top bar in Gizmo to change what you're playing to.

olag00

• Recent member
Re: MC18 keeps crashing
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:06:29 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

You can't control playback on both Gizmo and the server.  Choose one or the other.  Click the top bar in Gizmo to change what you're playing to.

Thank you for the quick reply.  Is this because Gizmo doesn't know something changed if I changed the radio station, volume, or switch albums via the HTPC?  The way I use it is, I link the zones on the HTPC, press play, then walk around with Gizmo to change the volume at each zone, this causes several crashes.  This seems like a very simple application of the software since you cant link the zones using Gizmo. 

When I link using the other client (computer downstairs) then happen to be upstairs some time later, I use the HTPC to press stop, change stations, or any other function it crashes.  Is this software only meant to be on one computer?  I am using one computer as a server, the rest are clients.

Pages: [1]   Go Up