INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Real-time DSD output  (Read 134351 times)

hselburn1

Re: NEW: Real-time DSD output
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2016, 05:56:39 pm »

How about the Oppo HA-2? Can that be connected to the PC and be used to playback in real time?

aslancohen

« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2016, 11:14:18 am »

I am using Windows MC19 with an Auralic Vega DAC. I chose WASAPI output with 2xDSD in DoP format. The sound is dull and lacklustre (with a lower volume as well) in comparison to playing the same file, say, with WMA. How can I correct it?

Also, I tried using ASIO as an alternative, but MC did not allow it, even though Vega supports it.

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2016, 06:54:31 am »

Hi,

-Does enabling DSD output for everything mean that JRiver internal volume control works for DSD files?
-Is it possible to do this the other way around and have the JRiver server convert all PCM to DSD, then the renderer will just see all files as DSD anyway. Plus the server does the heavy lifting?

jbony01

• Recent member
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2020, 10:47:50 pm »

You can pick DoP (using any hardware direct output) or 2xDSD (using ASIO).

Hi Matt, the setting of the options > bitstreaming: (none, HDMI, DSD ...) bit as no effect on this feature right?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2020, 06:28:54 am »

Hi,

-Does enabling DSD output for everything mean that JRiver internal volume control works for DSD files?
-Is it possible to do this the other way around and have the JRiver server convert all PCM to DSD, then the renderer will just see all files as DSD anyway. Plus the server does the heavy lifting?

I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure still that any volume changes will be done before DSD output. I do not think MC is able to adjust volume on a dsd bitstream.

The other way around is something else entirely and that is not possible with output format (it just changes local output). Currently, real time conversion of files streamed to a client/renderer do not allow for configuring dsd. Its a nice feature request though if thats what you mean. It would allow clients to play DSD formats natively where they're not capable of converting to DSD themselves due to processing power constraints. The only way right now is to actually convert the files beforehand and set client audio conversion option to 'never convert' and set bitstream dsd on the client. I haven't actually tested this but Id be surprised if that didnt work.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2020, 06:34:54 am »

Hi Matt, the setting of the options > bitstreaming: (none, HDMI, DSD ...) bit as no effect on this feature right?

Correct, bitstream options are unaffected by output format.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up